Exhaust

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sootoasted, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Quick question,

It being winter here in canada, i have a grow tent and a dwc setup. My landlord would have a fit if i was exhausting indoor heat outside. Is it safe to exhaust into house as opposed to outside? maybe run the exhaust to the air return vent and maybe add a little humidity to my apartment? i live in a house/apartment, dont pay for heat. i have a carbon filter installed so smell isnt a issue. Should i just wait till the nice weather rolls around again in the spring? thanks for your input

2. You could exhaust out a window they make window dryer vent things

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Depending on the style of home you live in id say exhaust it to the bathroom an leave the exhaust in there on or drop the humidity thats as much as i can think of

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Or if you can tie into the dryer vent

5. Musta came out wrong way. I have access to a window to exhaust out. What I’m concerned about it sucking the heat from my apartment and blowing it outside. The heating bill will be big if I’m just sucking in air and wasting it. Can I just exhaust it into the apartment so I don’t waste heat

6. Your gonna pull cool air from thw floor not from the ceiling. My tents run hot an heat up the room their in so losing some air isnt a big issue your heater shouldnt have to work more.

7. I'm in Alberta. I have a room dedicated to growing with a single intake from another room and an exhaust into another room with a carbon filter attached. Zero smell. Humidity is currently 49% in grow room and low 40's in the rest of my house. I also run DWC (doesn't raise humidity nearly as much as a fabric pot).

I'd say just recirculate the air. Have a single intake and a single exhaust with a carbon filter attached and you should be golden.

I also rent and my landlord would go ballistic if he knew I was venting all the hot air in my place once every 30 MINUTES lol.

I also have a CO2 PPM meter so I can see the current levels. CO2 is much higher with the windows closed (600-1000ppm close, 250-400 open). CO2 will drop if there is no one in the house but I'm home most of the time. When I workout in the room next to it the PPM's go up to 1300 lol. No need for tanks.

8. While I don't rent, I do feel your pain trying to be discreet while keeping room temps low. Here in Ak, I just stabilized the temps in my grow room after turning on the heat to the house....only way for me to do this with my radiant heat was to vent outside a small window in the room. I hung a piece of fabric to act as a curtain in front of the exhaust so the plume of warm air isn't as noticeable though winter is just beginning and we haven't reached our usual low temps yet.

In the near future, I will be redoing the exhaust to outside like in this video. It looks pretty discreet and hopefully it works as that plume of warm air "smoke" will be my biggest concern. Towards the bottom of this page is a detailed overview on how it was done....... Good Luck!

9. Ok this is getting out of hand lol I just want to know if it’s safe to just exhaust into my house as opposed to outside, that way my grow tent would almost be like a humidifier for my house. Just wanted to know I won’t get sick or anything if it just blows into another room

• Like Like x 1
  10. You'll be fine lol. Plants give off oxygen so the plants themselves won't kill you and you're not going to get some crazy black mold outbreak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks :) all I wanted to know haha

12. Yes. Absolutely no problem exhausting in an area as large as an apartment to conserve heat. Should be plenty of air exchange/fresh air.

13. I apologize for misreading your post though thought I fulfilled your inquiry as your landlord will have a fit exhausting outside...... if thats the only option and sometimes it is then my suggestion is what you can try..... or not.

I totally didn't get you meant to ask if its safe to breathe - different mindsets - please don't take this the wrong way but its elementary science......plants take in toxic stuff to us humans and expel oxygen for us to breath. The only danger there is that I can think of is if/when a hps bulb breaks but even that is relatively harmless unless your bathing in the chemicals and shards of glass or if/when running more amps than a breaker can withstand or if flowering in a plastic pot that is not bpa free as a video I got suckered into watching told me so when out trick or treating with my youngest tonight

Feel free to exhaust inside or out - its safe to breathe.... your call just don't be this place while maintaining temps needed......
    wint.jpg
    ....... and your good imho