Exhaust Ventilation Setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by INCANIBUS, May 15, 2014.

1. #1 INCANIBUS, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    Hi All,

I frequently visit these forums for advice, but i need some help with my grow cabinet setup. I purchased a cabinet and have some questions on where to set my fans and passive intakes. I have 2 140mm Delta fans on the way for exhaust and I am using CFL & T8 throughout the cabinet for lighting. Flower chamber is the left (bigger side) & veg is on the right with the lower shelf removed. 

I'd like to keep this somewhat inconspicuous, but it's not that big of a deal. I may decide to use a scrubber if the smell overtakes my entire house. So far 2 weeks into flower w/ NL strain i am doing ok.

I figure i have two options:

1) put the exhaust fans facing up in each chamber and cut passive intakes at the bottom side of each. However, I would then probably need to install another fan at the top of the cabinet to get the hot air out of the top section.

2) I could install exhaust fans in the side of each chamber and again have passive intake holes towards the bottom sides of each chamber. 

It would be nice to install these in the back, but the cabinet is against the wall and would restrict airflow. Any ideas welcome! Just wanted some advice before i start hacking away and regret my decision. Really appreciate any input from you all.

Attached Files:

2. Figured i'd add this question while i am struggling with a decision for lighting. Right now i have two 4 foot t8 fixtures (2 tubes each) mounted to the sides of the flower chamber with 4 decent cfl's on the top, I obviously need more lighting, but can't decide if i should ramp up with a bunch more cfls or go with an hps light. Would a 150w hps fixture for the top with the t8s on the side suffice or should i double or even triple my cfls on the top? I want the benefits of hps, but also don't want to go crazy trying to keep temps down.

3. I would exhaust through the top of the cabinet. HPS is great, but I'm not sure how hot a 150W HPS would get. CFL's do create heat too, so you might be best just going with the CFL's or it might be a heat nightmare.