Exhaust through bathroom vent

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LemonGstrain, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Has anyone ever used bathroom exhaust vent to exhaust from a tent?

2. How did you connect the ducting to the square fan vent?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Bathroom fans are pretty weak. Might be ok for a super small grow. Even in my small 2x4 tents a bathroom fan would be inadequate.

4. Yes to what killer said. I used the vent only as a portal to get the exhaust out of my area. I used a separate fan to do the work. I missed the vent cover to accept the duct work. I hope that makes sense.

5. I plugged the inside of the vent panel so it wasn't functional . I used strong tape. Then I drilled a 4 inch hole in it and glued a fitting on it to accept the vent tubing from my exhaust fan.

6. Don't use the bathroom fan to vent the smell. Drill a hole into the chimney breast of the house and vent into that. And if you have the fire turned on it will burn off the smell and push it out the roof. Why you'd want ducting running through the bathroom lord I don't know lol

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I can’t modify the house

9. Yeah you could tape the ducting to the bathroom vent but you would need a good fan to bring the air from the tent to the fan. Thee bathroom fan alone wouldn't pull the air but I'm guessing you just want the hole in the wall not the bathroom fan lol

10. Are you renting?

11. Yeah exactly I’ll be running a 440 Cfm pulling through the carbon filter then pushing through the lights and then up to the bathroom vent which has small fan that should at least help move the air along

12. No my parents own the house I am just living in it and want to keep the grow confined to one room

13. Sounds risky Is it legal where you are from?

14. If I were you, I would put a few dollars behind a small 150mm exhaust fan with a bit of ducting. You can do without an inllet fan untill you can afford one.
    However, if you were thinking of adding a bathroom vent to the top of the roof above your grow op to vent into the roof or whatever slowly, you could do that, but its best to use proper inlet and exhaust fans for keeping things contained to 1 room. Think bugs and powdery mildue.