Exhaust question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Doyu, Jul 27, 2005.

1. I found a broken exhaust system from above a stove (it was actually one of those microwaves that mounts above a stove and has a built in exhaust system)....the fan seems to work perfectly and has all required wiring intact. i've also bought a dimmer switch to control the speed. im planning on building a box as closley resembling this as possible. I have no idea what the exact cfms on the fan are but considering the source i think it should be pretty good. I dont know the exact term but the fan itself is one of those blower style fans...spinning cylinder thing, not blades. I've been reading this forum for the last few months planning my box...but its still the first time heh, im just wondering if anyone can forsee any problems with this.

2. Do not use the DIMMER. It is a MAJOR fire hazard! Wouldnt want your house to go up in a blaze would you?

Please follow this link and read: http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1540

You cannot use dimmer switches for electric motors!

3. Oh...well thanks for the heads up...I didnt realize...I was hopin to save a few bucks with the scrounged fan but yea...my house not burning down would be preffered :p

4. Hehe your welcome Doyu. So what kind of setup are you looking for exactly? It would be a good idea to have a budget than you have some figure to work around. Honestly, you cant really cheap out on the light if you want to achieve a good yeild. After all, its where the plant gets all its energy. If you can, shoot for the 400watt HPS, its about $200-250.00 CAN for a complete system (ballast, socket, wires, bulb, reflector). If this is to expensive, there is always the great outdoors :) I love outdoors :)