Exhaust Question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by sonofabishh, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Hey everyone....this is my first post so hopefully I'm in the right place for this post..
    The question is: I have built myself a stealthy little cabinet grow box with dimensions of 3'x3'x4.5', I am using five 105 watt CFL (two 30k, two 65k, and one 50k Spirl bulbs), and need it to be completly odor proof. I have ordered, and should be reciiveing soon, two mini 28 cfm squirrel cage blowers that I plan on hooking both to a homemade Carbon scrubber. So.......the question is WILL these two squirrel cage blowers sucking air out through a filter be enough exhaust for my setup? And if so, how big should I make the intakes........and one more thing, what is good way to keep dust, debri, mites and other undesirables from getting in through the intakes?
    Any suggestions would be extremely appriicieated thanxs

2. well as far as keeping out unwanteds from intakes...put a screen over end, or put some pantyhose over end. Im not sure but if the fans are only 28cfm they may not be strong enough to pull thru the carbon. But I have not used a small fan on a scrubber before so I dont really know, hopefully someone will chime in on that stuff for ya

3. If your looking for no smell for your size of a room.
    You'll need at least a 90cfm blower with a small carbon scrbber attached to it inside the room. Then have it blow directly outside...preferrably through a chimney.