exhaust question. ..

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by zairo, Aug 23, 2013.

1. I dont know much about cars or exhaust and im planning on getting a new car soon. What kind of exhaust do I need to get my car to make a low agressive noise, only when I push it to. Not all the time, not a high pitch exhaust either...

Or what mod do I need to do. Thanks !!

2. Depends what car. If it's a Honda Civic you're gonna sound like a ricer and everyone's gobs be laughing at you.

If it's an LS motor, it's gonna sound a bit different.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

3. Generally "cat back" exhaust is what you want, depending on emotions in your state, exhaust can add a cool sound but it also adds HP and milage

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Are they organized into different categories ?or just brands

5. Janspeed backbox.

Also an Induction kit will give you a nice sound. Ive got a Pipercross one and its sick. There really easy to fit too.

6. A vague idea of what type of car you plan on buying would be quite helpful

7. A decent one :/

What brand depends on the car, but you're definitely going to want to get a kit as opposed to piecing it together yourself. Check the owners forums for your car and see what those guys are running, then look for youtube videos to make sure it's what you're looking for. There's plenty of options out there.

8. If you don't know about exhaust you should not be planning on buying some for what's most likely a rice bucket ..........