Exhaust or intake for reducing temperature

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by yoniqqa, Nov 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hello,

I have a small micro grow space bucket.

My temps are too high (32C). I got an intake and an exhaust fan implemented. Both of them are very small and connected with an USB port (so the rotation is kinda low).

I purchased a better fan with separate connector which will be better for sure. I have no more space for 2, only for one.

My question would be:

In order to reduce heat, should I use it as an exhaust or an intake fan? P.S Already have 1 intake 1 exhaust in the space bucket.

Thanks

2. If i could only do one, id choose to exhaust the hot air. Bringing cool air in isn't going to do much if the hot air cant escape.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I would definitely use it as an exhaust fan. Use the bottom hole for passive intake and place it near a cool air source to bring in cool air. It will draw that cool air right over your plant and the cool the lights also, as long as the bottom hole is located on the opposite side of the bucket as the exhaust. No need for an intake fan on such a small scale. Passive air is almost always better, at least in opinion.

4. As people have said big exhaust fan , you want negative ptessure in tent so smell doesnt creap out and you can just lut ducting in bottomof tent to a cool source and your exhaust will pull air in.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Hang a big fan from your tent to middle.of side to.blow across lights and plants too

Sent from my SM-N910C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. If you're running both, or just exhaust what I did for my heat was grab a 6 inch regular fan and set it up blowing out of the tent like so,
    [​IMG]
    Hung it with a few zip ties turned it on high and opened the vent hole in the tent, I feel the excess heat from the light blowing out of it

Skywalker OG & Royal gorilla (smart pot vs air pot)