exhaust ideas for apartment

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ajt49, Jul 31, 2013.

1. How would you exhaust in an apartment, if at all needed since my roommates are okay with me doing this. I had to tentative ideas. 

1.  exhaust out my roommates window which leads to our balcony. (Box would be placed in his room and hopefully dressed up to "fit in"

2. Exhaust through the drains in my bathroom. Most likely my shower drain. Place a fan withing the drain or on exhaust line. 

3. simply no exhaust.

I can snap pictures on request! Also, I havent priced things out. Its never been a serious idea. But, I will hopefully using some carbon filtering. 

How do I wire in lights and fans?

No other lights questions I can look them up. What i've read im going with cfl's because of frugality. 

Do you foil inside of box?

Insulation?  

2. I would go with friends widow. No foil. Flat white paint.

3. Window. It isn't that hard to rig up a window to make the exhausting less conspicuous. Sure you might be blacking out the window, but that's a calculated choice.

If you are using cfl's then "wiring" isn't an issue, plug them bitches in.

And as above said, flat white paint don't unroll the tinfoil.

4. Definitely go window, and small computer fans can easily be wired to an old phone charger. I've had mine set up that way for over a year with no issues.

5. Are you a legal grower?   I only ask because if not, you are putting yourself at high risk of getting busted.    Two important rules of growing are 1. Tell no one (your roomates already know), and 2. Don't grow with roomates.     Just look through the security section and you will see all the horror stories of people who got into trouble by telling people and growing with roomies.   On top of this, you are planning to grow in an apartment building, which is extremely high risk and not recommended.

The most important part of any grow is security and having a safe, suitable place to grow.    If you want to grow, get your own place (not an apartment building) and do it safely and properly.   If you grow in an apartment with rooma-mates, I can pretty much guaruntee that it will not go well and that you are going to have issues with either your roomies, the superintendant, or other residents.    

6. Best bet is the window. And putting mylar or pandafilm in a box is hard as sh!t and very time consuming. Flat white paint would be easiest and its cheap. My next box I'm definitely going the paint route!

7. Or white poster board/Mylar/vehicle sun reflector :Blowin:

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. In a tiny micro grow space tho wouldn't the paint like heat up and cause fumes idk definitely be careful u don't just use any old can of white paint... oil-based paint+heat =fire peace :Blowin:

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. if you choose a white paint paint the door in white too. to make the look more finished. milanodoors white laminated would be great.

10. i work for apts and i would notice that shit asap.

11. o yeah and i get to enter your apt once a year for inspections better time it right clean up good and get rid of the smell.

12. not that i would do anything but my bosses that are with me sure would.i wouldn't risk yours and your friends apt over it. if you do atleast be on the top floor.

13. You people realize this thread is like 6 months old, right?

14. I vent from the closet into the living room and keep a cross breeze flowing through the house.. its... a delicate process.. lol

Yea, it doesn't take much for one grower to recognize another. Anybody who is serious about growing is always scouting out locations and equipment. Even if this thread is 6 months old, how would you go about concealing an apt grow, being that you work for an apt complex? Do you have any good stories about noob growers doing obvious shit?

16. I found a trail of fresh trimmings leading to someones front door. they must have been loading them in a car or something. we check the apt the next day and the was nothing there. if I grew in an apt it would be in the attic that you share with the hole building.(no one really knows they share an attic.lol) if your on the top floor thats where to grow just vent it out a roof vent. if it gets found its in a community attic kinda. lots of great spot up there.  :bongin:  these pics are of my grow today just set the scrog

Attached Files:

17. im trying to figure this venting thing out myself..im in an apt too,,i got my tent in my room and the closet air sorouce is the window..do i even have to use it..i got two inline fans do i use 1 for the cooltube & 1 for venting air out of the tent

18. 6 inch for cool tube and 4 for the tent

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. so do i have to vent both out the window & what is the correct way, to blow air threw the cooltube out the window or suck air threw out the window??

20. Suck air through window blowing through the cool tube and vent anywhere other then in the tent. shit venting out your window isn't a prob that's your best bet. The for should be at the top sucking air from then tent through a carbon filter creating negative pressure. The open a vent at the bottom of the ten.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app