Exhaust from grow tent

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by MstrChief, May 6, 2019.

1. I have 2-4x4 and 1-2x4 grow tents that I need to exhaust. I’ll be using a 6” fan with Phresh filters for each tent. My house has a very steep roof and has tons of open attic space. Do you think I could vent the exhaust into the attic? I have lots of roof vents near the peak of the roof. I could also place each duct near a soffit in the attic. Each duct would be placed near a different soffit. Exhausting into the attic would need about 6 feet of duct work per tent. Exhausting through soffits in the attic would need 15-20 feet of duct per tent.

2. No need to go that far. Into the attic would do nicely!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. what kinda lights? How much heat you think?
    How close is the neighbors?
    Pump into the attic and intake from under the house if you can, always cooler under the house or garage

4. #4 MstrChief, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Each 4x4 has a 600w cob fixture and the 2x4 has a 300w cob fixture. My neighbors are at least 50 feet away in every direction. I’m on a slab foundation so no basement. The tents are in a 12’x13’ room with 10’ ceilings and door to the room remains open most of the time.

5. Dang. Pump into the room and then from the room to the attic. You got a hard setup.
    Got a insulated building outside?