Exhaust Fan Installation

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by emax420, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Hi All:

We are in the process of installing a ceiling exhaust fan for our setup. Would a standard bathroom ceilling exhaust fan rated at 70cfm be alright for a room with about 75cubic feet?

2. HIGH All, it's better than nothing. Mine is 90cfm and it works for me. Do you have a inlet where outside air is pumped in? I have a Squirrel Cage Blower that is 155 cfm. Maybe in time you can upgrade.

3. unoit, how much noise do you get off that squirrel?.......i'm thinking of getting one, but it needs to be allmost silent due to location.........Peace out.......Sid

4. I have a 180cfm squirrel fan. Its quiet. The only real noise it can make to attract attention would be if its vibrating. When you mount it, just buy (or fabricate) some rubber washer type things to use with the regular metal washers and bolts. They will drown out the vibrations.

5. yeah that's my problem, i was thinking about that today, my little shower fan makes some noise with the wall, i stay in an apartment, and this particular wall is made of plasterboard, so any contact makes noise.......and vibrates to the houses upstairs........lol.......i was thinking getting like a big femdom, and cutting it, so it's just a big rubber O ring......lol.......best i could come up with, without having to cut out some rubber insertion, from a sheet.......Peace out.......Sid

6. Are you talking about a dildo? Great Idea!!! Never thought of that. A cheap dil would make great rubber o rings! lol

7. Unoit:

Hi. We do not have a direct inlet pumping air. I'm planning on running the fan through the ceiling and either just draw the air into the attic (crawl) space, or vent it to something currently up there. Either way, the only source of new air coming in is a fan sucking air from the larger room the closet is in (we open the windows and doors daily).