Exhaust fan help Urgent

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Kfreeze7, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Noticed today my exhaust fan was not pulling any air through it. It turns on and hums, but the blades don't turn or pull air.

Soler and palau td 100, connected to phresh filter with ducting. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. We are in flower so need this up and running ASAP.

2. I'd call customer service and see if you can talk to a tech.  Sound like it could be a bad bushing.  I would also run out and buy a replacement, you can always return it if tech support works you thru a solution.

3. Thanks for advice! Just remembered there was a 5 yr warranty on the fan, already processed the replacement fan should be here tomorrow!

4. nice. I was going to say bang on the housing but replacement fan is the right answer.

5. just out of curiosity, what kind of fan was it? Was it running vertically or horizontally?

Some centrifugal fans (like Fantech, the ones I use) use non-tapered bearing races and have to be used vertically or the bearings go out.

6. #6 Kfreeze7, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    Its a Soler and Palau TD 100..here's the link.. http://www.amazon.com/Soler-Palau-TD-100-In-line-Exhaust/dp/B0027E3Q4Y

And it was running horizontally

I have no experience/knowledge of these fans. Should I be running it vertical?

7. That fan should run horizontally ok, but it might last longer running vertically. It depends on the bearing/race configuration.

Did your other one lock up (did you try to turn the impeller by hand)?

8. Yea it would turn by hand, but it felt as if the blades would slightly graze the inside wall of the fan, not sure what was going on...got new one up and running, amazon was very fast about sending replacement..thanks for help!