Exhaling smoke on/around plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Makizushi, Aug 1, 2009.

1. I just had a high moment, but as I'm sitting here smoking with a tube that travels out through a cap in the window of my room. I rarely do it but I thought. Would it do anything good or bad to the plant?

2. Smoke isn't good for your plants. I have smoked bowls while tinkering in my grow box from time to time, occasionally doing it won't hurt, but it certianly doesn't help.

3. I love smoking with my plants. It makes me feel better (I don't see how it could help) how can it hurt?

4. realistically you couldn't possibly do any real harm to your plants by smoking around them

I've smoked plenty of pot around plenty of plants with no ill effects

5. the window that i smoked out of had plants draped over it, and the plant would grow so big it would block almost all the light lol.. i would be blowing bong rips into it all day

6. Don't blow smoke on them, but smoking around them won't hurt.

7. Smoke, any smoke be it tobacco, burning plastic, or even weed is not good for any living thing that breathes in general.

Before you think I'm on an anti-smoking tirade I smoke two of the three things I just listed (mmm... plastic). And like I said I also smoke with my plants, occasionally. I've yet to see a plant keel over because of it. It's just a general rule: smoke isn't healthy.

8. i smoke plastic and weed too lol

9. Hi, I remember reading a post on this topic at some other forum. Cant find it anymore but like everyone else said, smoke = not good. I think it has something to do with the smoke clogging the stomata of the plant and thus reducing what the plant is able to absorb. I am not sure so don't quote me. lol But i mean if your lung capacity is reduced if your an avid smoker it doesn't seem so weird for the smoke to affect the plant similarly. Buuuuuuuuuut i've never heard of a plant dying because of the cultivator was smoking around it.

10. This is kind of a dumb question but wouldn't the smoke help kill nats and other little pest.

11. no smoke around my plants.......hmmmmmm........gonna have to plug my ears the next time something goes wrong in the grow room....oh yea....swearing , screaming in pain after i have hit my finger with the hammer fixing the damned ventelation system..again...has no ill effect on them....sometimes i think the little bastards are laughing at me. :D

12. I thought I was the only person who smoked my plants out. In the process of blowing my smoke I wondered the same question. How does it affect the plants ? Much more experienced growers can answer that. I'm guessing my Mh/Hps HID probably dislikes the smoke the most.. Smoke can't be good on them hot ass lights long term ;)

13. it's not good for them... as a general rule, anything that doesn't have an obvious scientific benefit, has no reason to be on or around your weed plants... that being said, it won't kill them, and most likely won't affect them if done in moderation... in heavy doses it could affect the photosynthesis of the plant if the leaves get all resonated from smoke... but you'd have to have a cheech and chong tent to have something that drastic happen...

no, it's not good... does your plant REALLY care? no, it's cool... never seen a weed plant die of emphysema haha

14. Plants breathe co2, smoke has co2 in it, unless its cigarette smoke or any other smoke with nasty cehmicles in it, its not going to have any negative affects, and mayy even have good ones, altho im sure that is debatable

• Like Like x 1

15. drano has alcohol in it... let's get drunk bro... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. I think if you chain smoke while working on your plants its not good for them. i would think the oils in the smoke coating the leaves would be the biggest issue. . most of us have taken airflow into conciteration when we set up so i think 99% of the smoke that gets near the plant is captured and removed by the cooling fans, before it does alot of damage.

17. I dunno man. It makes me feel like I'm eating pork next to caged swine. Something about respect ya know what I mean?

18. I got no problem eating a bacon, egg, & cheese biscuit on a farm

19. :laughing::smoking:

20. Damn. That made me laugh.