Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Exhaling into a bag and re-inhaling?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SargentStadanko, Nov 27, 2010.

1. This probably sounds incredibly stupid, but I feel my friend has made a valid point. If you were to take a hit, exhale it into a bag, and then inhale the hit from the bag again, would it do any good? I always thought that most of the THC in the smoke was absorbed with the first hit. So the question is, could you get higher with less weed, i guess? Have you ever tried this method, or have any experiance with it? I'm gonna try it tonight though, I just want to get some opinions on it.

Smoke it up, dudes~

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. i feel like a bottle would be easier to contain the smoke. but the smoke would get really stale and harsh and nasty tasting after a while...

3. your lungs wont appreciate the carbon dioxide and other gases you exhale repeatedly..

4. lolwut. Just stick to exhaling and packing another bowl.

5. dont do it
    its cool to have a bag filled with vapour that you can just inhale though

6. Dont do that bro, just exhale that or inhale properly

7. God. What the fuck happened to just smoking weed. Like, when I envision toking up, Im chillin by myself or with a few buds, sittin, packing, and exhaling into the air and watchin that smoke just float away. Inhaling into a bag, I dont care if it gets me .1% higher. Its fucking stupid.
    I don't mean to offend you in any way, but really, doing stuff like that takes away from the fun and magic that is smoking ganja.:smoke:

8. youll technically catch some more cannabinoids, but just hold it instead

if youre that worried about wasting thc just make edibles

9. Shouldn't hold smoke for more than ~3 seconds.
    Or buy a vape...

OP, that is stupid idea, dont try it.

10. Shouldnt hold smoke for more then 3 seconds, shouldnt smoke period...

11. seriously... the only time thats constituted is with a vape where your lungs dont absorb everything until theres no smoke

12. Even then, no. Most of that is just water vapor after ~3 ;)

13. really? i always thought it was mostly cannabinoids and thc
    i wish i could find something saying how much % of that vapor is water vapor

14. It depends on how much water vapor is in your bud.

And its not just water vapor in vape, there are particles and some gases or whatever.

15. I mean, obviously there is more than just water vapor, thats why I said most of not all of..

And no matter what, it is not a good idea to continuously inhale your own expelled gases, ie carbon dioxide, wether its smoke or vapor..

16. Yep. Theres a word for that: suffocating lol

17. when i would do it, i would take some really big vape hits, have a lot of wasted smoke so i would just exhale and inhale once each hit, i thought it was worth it, but still then wasted a lot of vapor
    aaand i dont mind suffocating a bit

18. #18 DRTYDUB21, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010
    ^ You one of those lemon biters? haha

19. This.

OP, if you feel the need to inhale shit from a bag, I think you need to invest in a volcano vape. It's very weed efficient and have heard nothing but good things about them.

20. It won't do much because like some others said, in about 3 to 5 seconds any THC is absorbed into your lungs...but if you wanna try something really cool, you'll need a friend, some weed, and a bong.
    Basically, hit the bong, then blow the hit through the down stem into the bong and have your friend inhale through the top. Much better than trying to inhale from a bag. Still...won't give you much affect other than loss of oxygen. Its still fun to try though.
    I'm an adventure smoker, if you will. I like to try any new way to smoke the herb.