Exercise when sick?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by 8ight, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Do you exercise while sick? I can't see myself lifting when I'm sick, but I'm contemplating going out for a easy bike ride. I kinda feel like it might actually make me feel a bit better, but on the other hand I feel like it might make my cold last longer.

I felt like shit this morning, but after a good breakfast and some vaping I finally feel a little better, but not sure if I should go biking. I want to, but I'm just afraid it'll make things worse.

2. I could see how it could possibly prolong your sickness.

I say rest just to be safe :)

3. Nothing worse than lack of sleep or being sick when the gym is your favorite hobby :l

edit - lifestyle*

4. Ehh just take a day off. We all need them anyway.

5. It depends how sick you are, if you're just feelin a lil under the weather, TOUGH IT BRO!! No really, go sweat that shit out :)

6. Depends on the situation, if you are able to do exercise then you should have to do it but if you are in a serious condition and you can't do exercise or anything then you would have to take a rest. As soon as you are well then you can do exercise and follow up on your daily routine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I workout at my local planet fitness rain, snow, sunshine or puking every other day...

8. Gentle exercise is ok but rest is always best. or find something restful like swimming by a river or waterfall.