Exactly one month old cfl closet grow, opinions? First timer.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mayhemmaster668, Feb 10, 2014.

1. The 2 side lights are uvb lizard lights, 26w-middle light is 200w 3800 lumens, soft white.

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. That middle bulb isn't 200 watts. I use a 200w CFL and it's much bigger than that. Plus, the lumen output for a 200w CFL should be around 8,000-10,000 lumens. You're plants look healthy, but you don't have nearly enough light on them.

3. Yeah, my bad, it's a 55w, replaces 200w.. gonna rig up some old lamps today, don't have any more hoods..

4. How many more bulbs should I put on em?

5. #5 GOLDENBOY, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    6 + more, but if it was my id go with a 250 watt hps and then you will have a real light with real lumens.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. How much do those run? On a real budget

7. I've got 2 more cfl's

8. Impossible at the moment, can I get it through w the 5 CFL's I have? 2 are 10.0 uvb and one is the 55w, and 2 are 26w daytime

9. The general rule of thumb for cfl is 100 watts per plant and another 50w for each additional plant. so you will be okay but when you flower you are gonna need more light for sure

10. Should I just add the soft whites for now, and when I start over do it w the kit?

11. I would. The more light the better.

12. Yeah, gonna add more lights to it.. once I figure out a good setup, I'll be OK.. plus if I just get a half o this time I'll be happy..

13. I took a 4 light bathroom fixture from Lowes/Home Depot got 4 Y bulb adaptors and got 42actual watt CFLs from Wal Mart. Got 2 aluminum basting pans and made a shroud. I tried rigging the clamp lights before and it's hard to get my plant without moving 4-5 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Sweet. Might try that. Thanks!

15. 3rd day of 12/12.

Attached Files:

16. More light and closer. Them babbies is straining they poor little necks

17. Thanks bud!

18. Moved em closer, going to add more soon as $ allows. Can I just use old lamps, don't have any more reflector hoods..