Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ex Wife dilema

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FadeN2theBeat, Nov 11, 2012.

1. My ex wife is about to go through the ringer with her soon to be third ex husband. He claims she's a meth head and is gonna have her tested so that he can get full custody of his daughter. I have a daughter with her too. If his plans go through I'll have an opening to get custody of my daughter too. Should I stop smoking weed. Will they test me?

2. does your ex know you smoke? If so then i would suggest you stop.

3. [quote name='"FadeN2theBeat"']My ex wife is about to go through the ringer with her soon to be third ex husband. He claims she's a meth head and is gonna have her tested so that he can get full custody of his daughter. I have a daughter with her too. If his plans go through I'll have an opening to get custody of my daughter too. Should I stop smoking weed. Will they test me?[/quote]

If its a chance to get your daughter, yeah, stop.

4. anything for your child remember that, because she sure as hell didn't.

5. I would quit no matter what. Let someone hold all your pieces. DCF will get involved so I'm sure they will want to make sure she is going to a safe home. If you have any guns lock those up too.

6. Agreed with these other people. Best to play it absolutely safe and stop. Anything for your kids, bro

7. Quit smoking for a while and give all your paraphernalia to a friend. Then i would contact your lawyer about what legal steps you can take to get custody of your child.

I'm not from the US but I know some states won't take the child away from the mother unless she's some crazy fucked up serial killer.

Best of luck, OP
    :smoke:

8. If you are serious about getting custody of your kid then definitely stop/get rid of anything that could possibly effect the outcome. Might have to stop smoking for a few months but if it means you get custody of your daughter then its obviously worth it.

9. I'm not sure why everyone is so adamant that you stop smoking. If you keep all your pieces and weed out of sight and hidden, preferably under lock and key, are responsible and never smoke around your daughter you should be fine.

Legally, you can submit a motion to get your ex tested for drugs, which a judge must rule on. He can rule that you must be tested as well, though if you present yourself in a professional manner and focus on getting your daughter the best life/circumstances possible, it is unlikely that you would have to take even one test. If the judge ruled that you both had to take a test, you can either choose to stop smoking for a while before the test and possibly try to dilute the day of, or get fake urine.

10. [quote name='"ddog7x"']I'm not sure why everyone is so adamant that you stop smoking. If you keep all your pieces and weed out of sight and hidden, preferably under lock and key, are responsible and never smoke around your daughter you should be fine.

Legally, you can submit a motion to get your ex tested for drugs, which a judge must rule on. He can rule that you must be tested as well, though if you present yourself in a professional manner and focus on getting your daughter the best life/circumstances possible, it is unlikely that you would have to take even one test. If the judge ruled that you both had to take a test, you can either choose to stop smoking for a while before the test and possibly try to dilute the day of, or get fake urine.[/quote]

But why would he go through the trouble of gettin fake urine when he could get his daughter back? Why even risk it?

11. It is quite easy, simple, and cheap to use fake urine and not have to stop smoking. Please note that I offered it as an option - to be sure, not smoking at all is the safest way to go, but I am assuming that since he is even asking about it that he would rather keep smoking than not.

12. Stop, get clean and good luck. Hope it works out for you and you get her back.

13. If you can't stop smoking weed, then there is a serious problem and you don't deserve your daughter. Weed should never come first before your family. / thread

14. >implying he can't stop
    >implying preferring not to stop (which will produce no negative consequences if he plays it correctly) is somehow the same as not being able to stop

seriously?

15. I've choose to stop for awhile. I've always been a responsible father and smoker. I honestly see nothing wrong with taking a hit and playing with the children on occasion, makes it fun for everyone. But, for the time being I've decided to go without. I already have full custody of my son. His mother had mental issues, basically she was mental with the papers to prove it. She doesn't want anything to do with him now. Talking to the lawyer on Friday. Gonna stay clean until I know that it's safe. Thanks for the advice all, I figured as much. Was just unsure if I would be tested as well.

16. Weed or your daughter, decide carefully.

17. That is NOT the decision being made here in case anyone was unclear.

18. Yeah man. I have a son, if I was in the same situation I would quit, have my ppl hold my pieces, and just clean up till the smoke clears.

Literally.

Good luck.

19. jesus christ people, do you not understand that if he is the one to file a motion for a drug test for his wife that it is extremely unlikely he will be tested as well? and that they are not going to search every inch of his house? why do you assume this is the case?

20. CPS got involved during the incident with my son , and they did inspect my house and ran a background check. So yeah, it's a good possibility if they test her they will test me and her soon-to-be ex. If they don't, better safe than sorry.