Evolution machine, easy genetic engineering

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by devecstator, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Interesting idea.

2. This reminds me of a short story I read not to long ago regarding the path we evolve along leading to the "singularity."

Needless to say, this truly is revolutionary. I think it's conceivable to create a pill containing the modified DNA. Imagine if we can rewrite our DNA to slow our aging or reinforce our immune system. Unfathomable..

3. lol you ever see howard the duck?

4. I love hearing about what we are capable of doing with our world, but I cant help but wonder if we will know when we have finally crossed the line.

5. Quit drawing lines. :rolleyes:

6. anyone who draws a line is holding humanity back, we've learned and accomplished so much it's ridiculous and theres no reason we should stop anytime soon

7. So easy a caveman can do it!

8. What if humans were to modify anthrax so that it became even more dangerous. What if it somehow got loose and everybody dies?

Is that a good line to draw?

9. What if humans were to realize the dangers and become more mature through the process of understanding the risks vs. benefits? Yes, there's always that risk, but the door is also open to create a cure for that modified anthrax, along with a cure for just about anything we can put our mind to!

That's a good line to throw into the horizon

10. I just hope this kind of technology doesn't fall into the wrong hands

11. But we're to busy fighting 6 wars, all of which don't help us at all. Sucks to know that our tax dollars are going to fuck the world 6 ways till Sunday

12. The economy was worse in the 80's sir. Stop lying.

13. Im all for progress but it seems we sure are running in a fairly large circle. We might have huge brains but we still have to follow the same natural laws as everything else here.

14. what if terrorists nuke the world?

what if they fly planes into trade centers?

what if the global food market put posion in our food?

technology needs to proceed. there will always be evil doers who can ruin everything no matter what tech level your at.

I think advancing towards immortaility and escaping extinction well outweighs the cons of scientific advancement.