Evolution is science

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by BubbleFunker, Aug 24, 2008.

1. no they aren't.

Science is right on this one, but that doesn't make the message of God any less strong.

You are ignorant if you do not come to terms and realise that is just fine that man just came from an ape, apes are just mammals that became specialized over time.

2. I did not and will not ever come to the terms that we came from monkeys.

3. #23 fracturtle, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008
    this is what gets me. why would that be such a terrible realization? is it because you believe you are above nature?

let me ask another question...would you be willing to accept that "god" is nothing but a more advanced being than ourselves who created us in a lab to populate the earth? think about the fact that within OUR limited scientific ability we can culture life in laboratories.

it just seems like something with a physical body would be much more likely to create something than a non-physical being.

either that, or we evolved lol
    :p

4. I just believe that there are MANY differences between human beings and animals(obviously). Also, what happened to the apes now existing? why arent there any apes in the transition of becomeing human? Just doesnt add up to me. I dunno im drunk and on xannies time to jump on the clouds zzZZzzzzZZZZzz

5. #25 Zylark, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008
    And right there you exposed your ignorance on the subject of evolution. You might as well have asked why lions aren't in the process of becoming tigers, since tigers afterall are much cooler than lions.

Current monkeys and humans have a common ancestor. It is not as if humans evolved from current monkeys. Just like lions and tigers (not to mention our own housecats) have a common ancestor they've evolved from.

Furthermore, it is not as if humanity is the goal of evolution as you seem to think. Evolution is blind, there is no goal except survival of the gene.

When nature have provided us with an entertainment center combined with our waste-disposal, you know it is a kludgy design. Building on what was already there to achieve a new function. Like our eyes blind spot. Our appendix. Remnants of reptilian brain structures in our own. And so on and so forth. All indicative of a gradual morphosis from one state to a better adapted one as enviroment and selective pressure change.

Try to understand and learn some evolution before you dismiss it. What you don't know anything about, you can hardly make an educated judgement on now, can you?

Or is it simpler than that, your religious indoctrination refuse you to learn how evolution really works. You know, instead of the misrepresentation of evolution you've been fed with. By some pastor or other religious zealot I presume.

Try asking a evolutionary biologist, or reading some of their work. The Ancestors Tale and Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins is good. Or if he's to much atheist for you (atheists afterall being the scum of the earth, thus unable to tell any kind of truth in some religious eyes) you could try looking up Kenneth Miller. He's a christian evolutionary biologist.

The cure for ignorance is seeking knowledge. Not unsubstanciated conjecture.

6. How about dinosaurs buddy, did God put those here to test our faith? Can you just come to the realisation that the Bible is just a book full of Jewish fables? It is the messages it gives, not the facts it offers that should be recieved, it is the word of God not the mis-interpretations of it's ancient writers that should be taken in context.

7. Exactly, if only more christians saw it this way and stopped taking everything so literally.

8. yeah, that is what I talk about every time I go to church, the preacher was speechless. Only if the christians could come to terms with the Hindus, and finally realise that it is really the same religion under different tongues.