Evolution and Racism

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Mr. Mojorising, May 19, 2010.

1. #1 Mr. Mojorising, May 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
    Well as promised no more post on the Mormon thread. If you are a scientist who studies evolution and the origin of man you will know the first humans were black when they descended from the forest of Africa onto the plains and spread across the entire world. The gene for white skin was a mutation that served the northern Europeans well as they needed no protection from the blazing sun in the swampy bogs where the original Pagans and Celtics made there homes.

Of course this theory assumes religion is bull crap and the fossil record proves it. Neg rep me again if you chose. Soon your fiction will be a thing of the past and humanity can porogress with out the burden of indoctrination and ignortant acceptance of wish full thinking. Its all about the future not the past.

I look to the future of our race thousands possibly millions of years from now. I am not selfish. I have great faith in Human Kind but it is going to take quite some time. I will be long dead and I could care less. Its the big picture I envision in my mind.

I am a white Anglo Saxon but I once dwelt in the forest of Africa as a black humanoid before moving to the plains becoming nomadic and populating the world.

We are different due to genetic mutations that just happen to suit our environment. Many of us also were victims of genetic mutations that did not suit out environment those of us then died and be came extinct.

Yeah God is a myth created by week minds who then brainwashed others. It did have a great influence on the origin of mortality. But I think we know the Golden Rule now. Religion has great value at one time but now it is nothing but a liability for the human race.

So criticize my grammar if you wish I really don't give ............. a..

You know what I mean

Peace Freinds

2. Well written post in light given the drugs...but what's a school bus?

I agree with what you said, and I think most people who are well educated would probably agree. Believe what you will about god, but there is too much evidence for the out of Africa theory and evolution. Anyone who has come out of a high school in the last twenty years should see all of this as a given.

3. Do we know of the specific mutation that lead to white skin? Has this mutation ocured more than once in different regions of the world? Was there a series of mutations that lead to white people as compared to other races of light skinned people?

I always figured it was more of a slow process played out from region to region as compared to specific drastic mutations.

4. I'm about to run out the door so I won't look this up, but I'm guessing we can identify at least a percent of the genes that are different. A loss of function of certain pigment genes would be responsible and lof mutations are the most common and pigment mutations seem quite common. Just the other day I saw a picture of a pink katydid, which occurs 1/500 due to lack of a pigmentation gene.

I'm laying my evolution book next to my computer and hopefully I won't be too high to understand it when I get home.

5. School bus = 2mg xanax.

And yes the red skinned american Indians also a mutation.

Yellow skinned orientals also mutation.

Tall African tribes with thin limbs to dispensate the extreme heat also a mutation that also enabled them to run very fast for long distances.

This is not racism it is Humanity in all its wonderful variations.

We should be proud of our species as Homo Sapiens because our origins are the same the forests of Africa and we have came along way since then.

A false God is what is holding back our progress. And causing conflict and death worldwide. Because it seperates us when indeed we are all the same

All for me tonight. My drugs have inspired me but there is a limit. Its time to chill to some old school tunes:D

Peace Friends

6. I don't disagree with the idea that all of mankind originated in Africa, but I don't think of any sort of racism being associated with it. The racism I see is the abuse that African Americans have been subjected to in the course of American history. They went from the inhumanity and subjugation of slavery directly to the inhumanity and subjugation of the democrats. In order for the democrats to keep their power they depend on the eternal subjugation of black Americans. They depend on maintaining their poverty and by keeping them forever dependent on social programs. Imagine if black people were held to the same standards as everyone else how different the U.S. would be. The racism is in the idea that blacks are somehow inferior to everyone else and need to be coddled with social programs. I believe that they would do as well as any other race if offered the same opportunities as everyone else. Take a look at recent African immigrants, you will find that they are generally as successful as any other creed. It is the mishandling of the blacks after the Civil War, and the responsibility of the leadership for allowing the continuance of their discrimination for the following century that allowed the current state of affairs to take their presently hopeless form.

7. Tall African tribes with thin limbs to dispensate the extreme heat also a mutation that also enabled them to run very fast for long distances.

[/QUOTE]

actually the ability to run for great distances was a gift to all of man kind. our bodies are built for long distance running, study a little kinesiology and anatomy and you will see what i mean.

we used to chase our prey until it overheated for lack of sweat glands in most fur covered mammals. sure we cant keep up with a cat or a fox but, if we keep it on the move it wont be able to cool its body and keep the pace.

humans however can run perfectly fine for a hundred plus miles (all humans, not just black people). it takes training but, like i said our bodies are built for it.

other than that i have nothing to add to this discussion, though i am very interested in the subject. asians eyes probably have something to do with living off the seas, but i could be totally wrong. japanese and chinese staples are rice and fish, im sure food was one of the major factors for all of us looking different and having different skills.

8. Well, unless Europeans were crossing the globe earlier than expected...
    Thy Weapon of War: Ancient city discovered deep in Amazonian rainforest linked to the legendary blonde-haired "white warrior cloud people" of Peru

9. Persistence hunting is so intense. If anyone has seen the BBC series Life of Mammals there is one scene where they show bushmen using this hunting technique.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o]YouTube - Human Mammal, Human Hunter - Attenborough - Life of Mammals - BBC[/ame]

10. It wasn't a specific mutation, if I can remember correctly as people moved north and into the asias lighter skin and "asian" eyes became advantageous traits (eyes because of the high winds), then people came to the Americas through Alaska, which at the time was connected to the old world. The process for white skin was gradual (meaning there wasn't two black parents who had a white skin baby). So as early humans would breed the skin gradually became lighter through natural selection, as light skin was better suited for the colder temps.

11. Not the temps, the amount of direct sunlight you get.

Light vs. dark skin is partially a tradeoff between vitamin D production and protection from solar radiation. Higher melanin density inhibits vitamin D production but provides protection from solar radiation, so at lower latitudes where there's plenty of sunlight the overall benefit is in having darker skin. However, at higher latitudes you don't need to worry so much about solar radiation because there's less sunlight but now you need vitamin D facilities running at full throttle, because it's synthesized from sunlight, so now there's a selective process in favor of paler skin.

Or at least that's how I remember it. But it isn't the temps which make the change.

12. #13 gooback, May 19, 2010
    Damn, good catch, I knew it wasn't temps after I said it but I couldn't remember the reason. I should've said climate. Thanks for the refresher

13. Not the temps, the amount of direct sunlight you get.

Light vs. dark skin is partially a tradeoff between vitamin D production and protection from solar radiation. Higher melanin density inhibits vitamin D production but provides protection from solar radiation, so at lower latitudes where there's plenty of sunlight the overall benefit is in having darker skin. However, at higher latitudes you don't need to worry so much about solar radiation because there's less sunlight but now you need vitamin D facilities running at full throttle, because it's synthesized from sunlight, so now there's a selective process in favor of paler skin.

Or at least that's how I remember it. But it isn't the temps which make the change.

14. While RELIGION does hold humanity back, I find it hard to believe with all the possibilities out in our multiverse that there isnt a creator. After all anything is possible, we are but a tiny part of everything around us. Maybe we are inside someone elses mind who is in a different universe? Whose to say? Science is progressing and making gigantic strides. But then again I can believe that our science may only be applicable in our dimention. The other dimentions are another story. What is fact here can be fiction there, and so on. =] Stoned.

15. I agree. Believing in these "gods" is what's holding us back. And then to force it upon someone and use guilt trip and fear tactics is selfish and wrong.

And it does cause a lot of problems - depending on what god or what religion you follow, it divides people. We are all HUMAN BEINGS. That's all that should matter.

Are we racist against blondes? Tall people? I mean, jeez. I fucking HATE racism. The most ignorant people I have met are racist.

Now, I can totally understand how people can be APPREHENSIVE of certain races or even religions (like the Arabs/muslims, etc.), but it still separates people - even though the past actions of races have put us on edge like this. White people have black slaves, slaves get upset over hundreds of years, slaves get free, eventually them and their descendants will hold grudges.

I agree that was fucked up what happened with that, but we gotta forgive and forget.

But it's more complicated with that.

16. I'm not sure what this thread is about because nothing caught my eyes in the posts, but I'll post what I've learned and perceived throughout 19 years of life because it is an excellent brain exercise. I'll try to justify my perception of a common race issue, whites and blacks.

Todays Americans (North/South perhaps) which trace their bloodlines through Europe are technically more adaptable to a range of environments because their ancestors "evolved" through such environments. Is this true?

With each new generation of children, the IQ (or capacity) is raised 5-15 points. Is this true?

If this is all true then todays American Blacks who are the descendants of the slaves are at a clear evolutionary disadvantage IN SOME AREAS.
    1. They come from Africa: Barren, no education, "primitive" in nature.
    2. Many have problems in America today: Lack education, income problems, family problems. (Don't worry not just blacks)

However; Blacks are BEASTS when it comes to athletics. They have a clear advantage over whites.

I in no way mean to be racist, but you have to look at life from a biological level. With all of the problems with reproduction in Africa (high infant mortality, low life expectancy, disease, starvation); you would expect less generations to be produced unless compensated for (which actually I think many have a lower age of marriage/reproducing).

Blacks and whites are relatively equal I would say on an evolutionary level. Whites are good with indoor activities, blacks are good with outdoor activities. (Sounds nice doesn't it?)

I'm prepared. Have at me.

17. actually the ability to run for great distances was a gift to all of man kind. our bodies are built for long distance running, study a little kinesiology and anatomy and you will see what i mean.

we used to chase our prey until it overheated for lack of sweat glands in most fur covered mammals. sure we cant keep up with a cat or a fox but, if we keep it on the move it wont be able to cool its body and keep the pace.

humans however can run perfectly fine for a hundred plus miles (all humans, not just black people). it takes training but, like i said our bodies are built for it.

other than that i have nothing to add to this discussion, though i am very interested in the subject. asians eyes probably have something to do with living off the seas, but i could be totally wrong. japanese and chinese staples are rice and fish, im sure food was one of the major factors for all of us looking different and having different skills.[/QUOTE]

Yes all humans were built to run, but some were built to do it much better. Not all humans are the same, it's just that simple.

18. i disagree with everything you just said. no offense just stating my opinion...

Africa is not a barren land, some places are like that but not the whole continent.

East Africa is where most of the "barren" land would be, but northern, western, and southern Africa
    are where you find more cities, civilization, etc....

I'm African but was born and raised in the U.S. and where I'm from (Nigeria) is not a barren primitive land.

I'm not surprised you think like that when that is all you see on T.V. all they show are the parts that need help but people should not assume the whole continent is in peril.

But of course by comparison the United States is better.

Lack of education is not a problem black people have, it's a problem dumb people have.

All people are actually created equally so what you said about the bloodlines and higher IQ i have a hard time to believe also.

Being a descendant of a slave has nothing to do with the way you turn out...

You honestly can't believe all that.

19. #20 sikander, May 19, 2010
    Not really. We're somewhat better adapted to cold climates (we get all furry n shit, and we have paler skin for better vitamin D production) because Europe has been inhabited by humans for a really long time. That's about the main "adaptations" we've made.

Oh, and we have somewhat tougher immune systems because we've spent millennia living in huge overcrowded filthy cities with no sanitation.

Oh, so we've been to every nook and cranny of the world? Maybe in the last couple of hundred years, but we didn't exactly settle down and have children there over dozens of generations now, did we? We just sent colonial administrators to far-off places who then came back after safeguarding our economic interests there. The majority of the world is still non-white and getting moreso every day thanks to plummeting fertility in the West, and rising birthrates everywhere else. If you want to look at evolution, then evolutionarily whites are getting the shaft because we're not breeding as much.

1. Most of the black people I know come from America
    2. Those problems result from generations of oppression, discrimination, segregation, and bad social policy which stifled social mobility and bred poverty and hopelessness. If you'd actually learn some history (or heck, actually meet a few o' them darkies) you might understand this better.

I know, black people ARE fucking BEASTS, right?

And you're not being racist?

The "black people are good at athletics" is still racist, you know. Back in the early 20th century Jews predominated in basketball and people came up with all kinds of racist explanations for that, too. Jews were nimble-fingered and incredibly devious, which makes them good strategists for a sport like basketball. Helped them come up with maneuvers and suchlike.

Nowadays it's black people because they're biologically more athletic.

Most of those problems derive from the last 150 years and are due to Western colonialism. A lot of ethnic violence has been stirred in Africa over the last 100 years or so because divide and conquer is a good strategy for taking over a place. Check out the origins of the Hutu and Tutsi hatreds which culminated in the Rwandan genocide in the 1990's.

If you actually look at pre-colonial Africa, especially in West Africa there were actually fairly advanced civilizations flourishing. And there were city-states on the Eastern coast of Africa too with trade links to the East.

But no, let's not look at the inconvenient messy history that doesn't fit in with our preconceived notions. Africa is a barren place whose problems have nothing to do with systematic depopulation for the slave trade, rampant natural resource exploitation by foreign powers, and centuries of colonialism and imperialism which have stifled development.

It's 'cause Africa just sucks, so them darkies ain't good at refined civilized living like us whities.