Evidence indicates Tillman was murdered to prevent him from becoming Anti-War hero.

Discussion in 'General' started by dbpwattack, Jul 27, 2007.

1. If your reading this thread then you must either care, or you are not telling the truth.

This was not a 'friendly-fire' incident, by the way, murder is usually not very friendly.

I'm sorry that you can spend all day typing about things you admittedly know nothing about, and I'm basing that statement on your own statements.

I would hope that you find a moment to stop translating into dead languages like latin, and research this, if you feel the need to comment at all.

2. I don't care. I'm waiting for 6:30 to roll around and I have a choice between internetting or cleaning kitty litter.

Obviously I'm opting for internetting.

*sigh* okay, whatever.

I don't know much about it. But I know logical inconsistencies and fallacies when I see em. I'm simply pointing them out.

I love logic. It helps critical thinking along. I'm not persuaded by a well-written article, even thought it lacks evidence.

Latin is not a dead language. It's taught in many academic institutions worldwide. I'm not translating anything either. This is how I had learned logical principles, in the latin place names for which they were written. It's more familiar to me than the english.

Besides, I've cited the explanation for all of them if you're unfamiliar with logic.

I'm sure that if I were missing any of the big, important peices of this circumstances, you would cite reliable sources. right? I'm willing to read up on those, but so far all I hear is you telling me to research it. Why should I research it when you (somebody who I assume has researched it) can't even come up with any logically consistent arguments?

Maybe you can also actually deal with my argument as opposed to making an 'attack on person' (argumentum ad hominem, for reference) against me. It's doesn't help your own argument at all

3. We're those 6 Canadians viewed as a great hero by giving up millions of dollars to fight this "war on terror" which enriched Patriotism throughout the country only to come back this once "Patriotic" hero into an Anti-War hero. He believed the war was "fucking illegal" in his words yet he is still used as a propaganda piece for the Bush administration even though he hated Bush. They lie constantly surrounding the case and search google news and type Tillman murder and see how many articles pop up. This isn't a peice just by Alex Jones it's actual news.

4. Yes, absolutely. By me at least.

That is certainly admirable, but should be no measure of anybody's heroism. Anybody who would give up their normal lives and continually risk their well being and existence without any offer of compensation is courageous in my eyes.

Please don't use it as a bargaining chip in a debate. It devalues the sacrifice of every other soldier of many other nations.

Strong message? yes. Evidence? no.

Yeah that's unfortunate. But again, is this evidence? No, it is not.

5. This article (which I have not read) is quite likely horrendously biased, but I do not consider bureaucratic incompetence to be the most likely answer for what has been going on (little to do with this topic and more to do with the broader picture). It does not really fit. Convenient incompetence, is exactly that, convenient.

6. You already said you weren't going to waste your time by reading the evidence. Look heres evidence, not speculation- http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=tillman+murder 709 news articles

7. http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=tillman+murder 709 news articles for you

8. Sure, then you take it up a notch (and no further), maybe it the cover-up was order by Peter Geren who thought that a friendly fire or a fragging incident of such a popular person would be such a damaging P.R. hit that he sought to manipulate it to look like a KIA.

The point is, that Ockham's Razor says "entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity." So if the evidence points to some higher manipulation, look for that logical consistency in that. Do not simply multiply it ad infinitum until it fits a pre-laden agenda.

That is exactly what i think that accusation of a full government conspiracy from bush and cheney is indicative of. Simply using the unknown factors to fit one of convenience according to an agenda.

9. We are not the trial attorneys for this case, to have links to all the facts at this point would mean breaking into the pentagon's files on the subject.

And yes, they have them, not that that proves anything.

And we are not here to prove anything, merely to discuss possibilities which appear to be very damning to the pentagon.

President George W. Bush held Pat Tillman's memorial, where he called him a "war hero who died in battle with the enemy", while he knew of the manner in which he died. That is outrageous, and not without contempt of the American people. This lie was perpetuated to such an extent that one wonders why would someone go to all the trouble?

Pat Tillman was a very powerful speaker, who had multiple tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan, and when his tour was up, three weeks after the day he was killed, he was going to come home and turn anti-war, with first hand evidence, and a famous name. In other words, Bush's worst nightmare. Acumen, if nothing else, dictates the real possibility of foul-play.

Pat Tillman, poster boy for post 9-11 America, Bush-basher, dead. Hmmmm,why, we wonder why?

10. Okay, fair enough.

Agreed, and I'm simply pointing out the logical inconsistencies in some of those possibilities, specifically the OP.

Again, i admittedly don't know much about it.

But how do you know that?

Sure a motive exists, I agree, but that again, is not proof of the actual deed.

Why is Keith Olbermann still alive? Just slip some cyanide into his next steak dinner and that's one less popular anti-war critic to worry about.

Why are all the other's still alive, then?

11. Pat Tillman was Bush's poster boy, he joined the military on sept 12th, 2001, the day after the 9-11 incidents. He was the so-called "all-american patriot, giving up everything most people would want for a life in the military. He was an honest patriot, lending credibility to the war at a time when the White House was despeartely in need of "street cred". His anti-war views were the product of his observations and actions as a ranger in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

He had the ability to make people like him without trying to, he was a very intellectual, competitive, and gifted student athelete. He was the smallest linebacker in the NFL, yet he made the All-pro team.

Keith Olbermann is still alive, because very few conservatives in the USA will pay any attention to him. He is not their sunday afternoon idol, but an all-american football star, will command an ENTIRELY different audience. The guys who vote republican, all love football! And here was the hero they had just sent into battle, coming home to trash talk them to everyone who would listen. As an intellectual, veteran, Football star, his "street cred", would have been second only to Jesus Christ driving a blimp that said "Impeach Bush, I command Ye!"

My apologies, I have personal feelings on this one, don't mean to offend anyone here.

12. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cui_bono#Issues_with_Analysis

Cui bono doesn't always work, unfortunately.

Also, and more consicley is the excerpt:

The point is that although there is seemingly a good motive, that is no evidence of anything.

Besides, your basing your conclusion of his influence on something that didn't actually happen. You may be right, but there is no reason to believe they would genuinely benefit from it.

You're also missing the fact that George Bush is already at sub-30% approval ratings. What would an even lower approval rating of several points do anyways? The popular opinion doesn't dictate jack shit, obviously.

Besides, there are already conservative republicans which agree are on the band-wagon with anti-war interest groups and all that.

Bush is no hiding from anything, he is doing his own thing, regardless of what the American people think. Besides, I hate to say it, but they're smart enough to know at what consequence they would be assassinating this person at. They would do a MUCH better job at it, unless I'm vastly over-estimating the capability of the world's leading super power.

They have brought about political assassinations before, without anybody the wiser, yet you think they can't kill one single infantryman effectively? Please. If they really wanted to, they could have killed him and made it look like a unknown heart problem. They wouldn't have had to resort to bribing several soldiers to conspiring to kill his execution style.

No competent conspirator would possibly think this was a good idea and execute the plan so poorly. It just doesn't make sense.

13. I originally thought that this being an assasination was a plausable idea, but now i agree with R_M. I think if our government really wanted him killed we never would have heard about him from the media, or the media would have simply reported that he had "disapeared" or had been abducted. The US Government has probably assasinated alot of people, this just seems like fragging to me.

14. This is how I know that I love you.

More internet peeps need to learn the wonderful science of logic.

15. What does the media have to do with this? Do you know how hard it would be to report he had dissapeared when his own brother is in his platoon.

16. The media is a core component of the article! :laughing:
    Its ridiculous to think that his brother is a 100% fool proof guy who followed Tillman everywhere he went.

And its not very hard for the media to lie by the way, especially the corporate media of today.

17. The best kept secrets, are the ones in the open for all to see. Half truths are better than outright lies.

lol, though I do not know much on the subject, I think I will read the links and the rest of the thread before I comment further.

18. Hippy dudes: Dude the government is like so totally... stupid... but, they fuckin... KILLED this guy... just because he didnt like them! I mean.. fuck...

Rasta: lol pwnd kthx

dudes: i hate you

rasta: kthx lol bey bey

msk: spider pig, spider pig, doin whatever spider pig does

i am bringing peace to this thread

19. All I know is that its FUBAR.

20. hey, the mafia does it right?