Everything is everything

Discussion in 'General' started by HiddenReality, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Okay man so I was driving on the interstate earlier and it was a wide 10 lane city highway..crowded...got me thinking...all these thousands of people. Think of how complex your life has been with all the choice and decisions you have made, and the billions of decisions you're going to have to make for the rest of your life. Variables. There are SO many variables...that so many people's lives will encounter. When driving for examples going 75mph, everything coming at you so fast yet your brain is able to work at phenomenal speeds to display it in such a way that we can react to the millions of unknowns and variables...when you multiply the amount of people on earth by the amount of events that could occur during the rest of their lives based on the choices they make, that number has to be approaching infinity...which means everything is infinite...it all is connected and works together, it's all one...I'm typing this on a "laptop", which is nothing but a clever combination of plastics, metals and rubbers. And those are just clever combinations of minerals and molecules, which are just clever combinations of atoms and subatomic particles. It has all been here before, including us, it all will recycle back into the universe. We are just something the universe is doing as it expands faster than light speed from the Big Bang...much like a wave is something the ocean is doing. Bizarre that we have "sentience" and are aware of ourselves to such a degree that we are able to use the stuff around us and combine it in such a way that we are able to...do this. Communicate with random humans from 500 miles away or 5,000 miles away. Why? Why did this happen? How? How did a bunch of inanimate matter combine to be able to form living, conscious beings? It's amazing.

• Like Like x 5
  2. I believe there are three things. This that and what's in between. From small atoms to planets there's always a here a there and the way

3. Jesus shit...

I want what you're smoking on, homie...

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. some unity consciousness kinda thinking. bring that thought with you in a classroom and you'll be at the top every time...or lost if your teacher doesn't follow anything you put together.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Most of our worries are quite trivial, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  6. Man it'd be so cool to be able to get stoned with you and talk about the amazing world that we live in

• Like Like x 1
  7. we're only gonna die for our own arrogance

• Like Like x 1
  8. What's amazing is how a lot of the times we pretend that we're civilized and in control of everything .... and yet, we crash our cars, we go to war, we let people live on the streets, we argue over football teams, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Just wait until you realize none of this actually exists.

Talk about mindfuck.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Strange that we can experience it then...but I mean...if you think about it, how old is the universe, as we know it? Around 14 billion years...we get a whopping 100 years of that, a tiny slice of the universe's time, not even a blink of the universe's eye. That means our lives come out to 0.00000000714 of the universe's age. Nothing. It's nothing. How can nothing be everything at the same time?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Man that's a toughy. Humans are civilized to a degree I guess..I mean we built pretty amazing sites and cities since we came with nothing but what was already on Earth. But like you said, wars, we let people live on the streets...it's so fucking stupid. We are smart in that we were able to create these cities and everything we have around us, but we are fucking stupid in that we are going to fuck it all up over the stuff we created. It sounds cliche but I truly do not understand why people just can't get along. Not be best friends and shit, but literally blowing up thousands of different humans you don't know just because they have different beliefs than you? It's....childish. Completely. Humanity is still clearly in its infancy...I wonder if we will make it to a good age ever, but for now...I weep for humanity.

12. #14 O-Chem 4.0, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    That's life bubba, and its a beautiful thing. In attempt to explain how beautiful, I refer to a quote by Richard Dawkins: "We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here.We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?"

• Like Like x 1
  13. I noticed that once I got my first job. Everything you see was put there by somebody who probably didn't want to, but it was their job. All the roads, bridges, stoplights. Those store shelves don't just stock themselves. Steve Jobs and George Washington were real people; Plato actually existed, and there really was a guy named Abraham Lincoln. I went to the capitol and met some reps, even talked about pot with one of them. He wasn't some godly figure, or super genius, he was just some normal looking dude who is good at doing paperwork. It's a crazy connected world

• Like Like x 1
  14. Good to know people out there are pondering such things.

A trivial quam, all of those variables do not approach infinity.

15. Steady stream of consciousness, one or many.

My thoughts have always been that once we unlock the secrets of the conscious the World will suck up into a hole and disappear, but maybe I'm wrong...I'm just not convinced at this point that any of this exists outside our Mind's. But I view life differently, see it in a different light if you will, than most people do.

This is all just an idea though, something else to consider aside from Gods and free will...Might just be fate all along, or destiny; maybe everything has already been decided and our actions from here on have been calculated before we even arrived to what we call life.

Or...Maybe I will go to Heaven or hell, don't know, only one way to find out and you don't have the luxury of tellin' anyone else what happens once you do.