Everything is about making money

Discussion in 'General' started by cheebaa, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Hello City,
    I was searching online for a new plant to grow (i'm looking at a tree like plant) and anyways I came across this:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width=750 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD width=240>
    Stevia rebaudiana
    Stevia
    [​IMG]

</TD><TD width=140>
    [​IMG]
    </TD><TD>30 Times Sweeter than Sugar
    (Sweet Leaf - Honey Leaf)

Stevia is a remarkable plant that is used in many parts of the world as a natural herbal sweetener. In Japan, for example, about 40% of the sweetener market is stevia-based. Stevia leaves are 30 times sweeter than sugar but contain virtually no calories. It is native to South America, where its use as a sweetener has been known for at least 1,500 years. In the U.S., due to pressure from the powerful sugar lobby, Stevia is regulated by the FDA and may be offered only as a dietary supplement (or skin care product) but not as a food additive or sweetener. Stevia is a tender, perennial herb that is usually grown as an annual but may be overwintered indoors. Full sun to part shade, grows to a height of about 30 inches.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It's messed up how theres so much shit out there that is actually good for you and the goverment is still against it because some one will loose out on some money.

2. The whole world is fucked up dude.

There's a guy living in, I think Cambodia. Yeah, pretty sure Cambodia. Anyway, he came to power, and basically killed off 25% of the country's population and put everyone else into camps. Yet that motherfucker (now overthrown) is living the rest of his life a wealthy, free man, along with everyone else responsible for it.

That scenerio repeats itself all over the place.

That was off topic, but I guess my point was is that in general, governments suck.

3. ... with small but growing patches of non-fuckedupness here and there! :D
    ... even in the US of A?! :D
    ... and not in a good way...!

4. The best known evil is the most tolerable.

5. Haha, yeah, the US has done a lot of fucked up shit too. In theory, governments are a collective set of rules and enforcing bodies that are benificial to the people, mostly in the protective sense (ie: don't kill, don't steal, etc). In reality, and repeated throughout almost every country and time, governments are just systems of control and NOTHING MORE. It's somewhat upsetting given the limited space on this planet that most of it is governed by corrupt and power-hungry people who add new laws but repeal none. It seems now that many laws in the US are just the will of lobbyists (who, IMO, completely run the US) and the puppets they pay.

6. uh yeah- Aspartame- DIET COKE SWEETENER is actually more complained about to the FDA than any other food aditive.*

My girlfriend was telling me (so this isn't a concrete source but she's usually very switched on about this kinda thing) that Aspartame is primarily produced by one of Don Rumsfeld's interests... Rumour has it that Rummy had the head of the FDA in the US sacked for not approving it... Guess it was just for the taste of it...

OOOOHHH PUN-CITY

*www.wikipedia.org

7. Our government actively destroys the same coca fields that Coca-Cola buys from.

//edit

IDK why Coca Cola buys coca anymore since it's not in their drinks (supposedly...), but they do buy quite a bit (but not enough to ever be an ingredient in any of their drinks, still, they do.

http://www.narconews.com/Issue35/article1159.html