Everything I need to know about weed..ect?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by chachachachia, Oct 24, 2012.

1. I'm not new to smoking, but I'm new to buying my own shit. I've only ever used homemade shit and got weed from friends and shit.

Weed

I would like to know what is the best type of weed to get, how do I know if it's going to be really good. Is it better if it's sticky, really strong in smell, or if it's crystallized (meaning little crystals on it?). Can you get good weed only from a dime, or is that just cheap weed?

Paraphernalia
    How do I know what a good bong is? What should the glass thinkness/diameter be? What is a downstem? Is it better to have a carb hole or a slider? What is an ice bong and catcher? Is glass the best for a bong? Is it better to have water in a bong or ice? What manufacturer is the best/site? Does height matter?

Are vaporizers the healthiest? What are the best portable vaporizers? Any sites with good manufacturers? How good is the high? Does it emit a strong smell?
    How fast does it get you high?

Are pipes and bowls good for all the time smoke or just every once in awhile.

I hate using blunt/joints. But how do you roll a good blunt/joint? I'm terrible at it.

Is it better to grind your weed up before packing it in a bong, vaporizer, or bowl?

Edibles
    How strong it the smell to make them at home? Share any really good recipes? Where can I buy some other than a headshop? How is the high? How long does the high take?

If you have any other insight you might like to share or tell me about, please do.
    Thank you, 1love [​IMG]

2. Welcome to the city!

You will get more responses posting this out there in the forums, the link will take you to a good place to put this so lots of people see it. That said i'll try to help you out.

http://forum.grasscity.com/tokers-q/

Weed: The quality of the weed differs as to where it was on the plant. The higher up it is, the more light it gets and the better it will be. Genetics also plays a role, so get your seeds or seedlings from someone who knows what they're doing, make sure they know the strain, or at least can tell you whether it's sativa, indica or what percent hybrid it is.

Cannabis Sativa - Heady, energetic high.
    Cannabis Indica - Couch lock stony high.
    Hybrid - Usually both effects, with a heady high initially followed by a relaxing after effect.

If you see a lot of white crystals it's usually a good sign. If you're really keen, get a magnifying glass and look at the individual crystals. Ideally, you want about 1/4 to have a slight amber hue, because the crystals contain the THC and amber ones have the most of it. Smell isn't always a good indication of potency, but it's still worth paying attention to. Just don't assume too much based only on it's stink. The oldest and truest way to learn about the bud is to smoke it (or whatever method you prefer).

As with most things in life, you pay for quality.

Alrighty, bongs. Thickness isn't everything, but it's usually a sign that whoever made it took the time to make it last. Anything thicker than 5mm is fine, but try not to get much thinner than that.

Downstems are the pipe that connect your bowl to your bongs water chamber. You may have heard of diffused downstems, same thing but there's little holes at the bottom rather than having one solid opening. All in all, diffusion is just to make the smoke cooler and smoother. Not needed, but nice to have.

Carb hole vs slider. Slider will let you get all the smoke up quicker, but really it's a matter of preference. If you like carbs, go for it, personally I prefer sliders but there isn't a huge difference, just whichever you like.

Ice bong and catcher. I think with ice bong you mean it has ice pinches. They're just little knobbly bits so you can put ice in your bong. Makes the smoke cooler, and can sometimes help with coughing. Catcher I think you mean ash catcher, it's just a little piece that attaches to your downstem and does exactly what you expect it to. It catches ash.

Glass is undoubtedly the best for bongs. No question about it at all. Anything acrylic or metal can give of fumes when heated, you don't want that.

You need water in your bong. If you add ice, it's done to make it cooler, not to replace the water.

You'll find lots of great stuff right here.

Bongs, waterpipes, glass pipes, smoking accessories, ROOR Bongs, EHLE Bongs - Grasscity.com

Other than eating it, vaporizing is the healthiest way of getting cannabis into your system.

Pipes and bowls are both good for daily use. Bowl simply refers to the part attached to the downstem of your bong that you pack your bud into. But yeah, no problems in using either. I'd probably recommend a bong for a daily user, simply because it offers more filtration.

Don't ask me how to roll a good blunt or joint, I suck at it! But practice, practice, practice, it's the only way to get better.

Grinding weed gives it more surface area, meaning bigger, smoother hits. Always a good idea, but in a pinch, you can just as easily chop it up with scissors or break it up with your fingers.

Edibles: First step is to learn how to make Canna butter:

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...pe-guide-cannabutter-step-step-pictorial.html

Once you've got that, put it into anything you like. It will smell, but generally the smell of cooking will over power your weed. The high takes longer to come on, usually about an hour, but it tends to last longer too. It can and will get you just as high as smoking it, so don't treat those pot brownies like treats or they will knock you out.

Anyways, that's the answers according to me. I don't claim everything to be 100% accurate, but that's the best I can do.:smoking:

3. Glass is best for a bong, I prefer bongs over pipes, but if your going to get a pipe get a glass one. How to roll a joint just look on YouTube it is really easy when you get the hang of it try practicing with oregano(the spice) or tobacco, its harder to roll a j with oregano so if you can do that then you can roll tree. Vaps give you a head high 90% of the time from my experience but I wouldn't buy a bong,pipe, or vap until you try at least a bong or pipe to decide which one you like most but as I said I prefer bongs. Blunts are hard ass hell to roll or at least they are for me, and the easiest edible you can make is a firecracker all you have to do mix anywhere from .2-1g of grinded tree with peanut butter and smear it on saltine crackers or gram crackers, wrap them in tin foil and cook either in oven or microwave and they do smell a bit but its not too overwhelming. Hope this helped.