Everything I accepted about marijuana to be true was BS and I feel like a tool

Discussion in 'General' started by acstorfer, May 8, 2018.

1. First off, I was always pro legalization, and for every argument against I felt I had a strong argument for. Even in the 90’s when I was a cop in the Air Force teaching DARE to dependent students in US schools overseas I never lectured the kids. I never told them to not do drugs. I was always honest with them with what I reasonably felt was the truth. I gave them my best information and left them to make their decisions. Now I am just realizing that all of those “truths” are just complete bullpoops. No claims ever made have ever been tested. They were all just guesses, and not necessarily educated guesses.

I am not going to say all these things are wrong. I can’t say that because none of these claims were really tested to be true and false. All I can say is pretty much all of the evidence thus far, and again nothing close to definitive, pretty much contradicts everything.

The first assumption I never doubted. Using marijuana can lower your IQ. That one they did a study, it was just a completely inadequate study. It had no control or oversight. Even with that they only found less than 4% of the people studied were found to have a lower IQ than expected. Keep in mind there were no adjustments for socio economic conditions, to include eating lead chips and going to terrible schools, terrible homes, and just about every possible factor.

How about every time you smoke marijuana you kill a million brain cells. Okay, my argument would be we have billions of brain cells so it really doesn’t matter. What the real argument should be is, what studies (derived from actual scientific methodology) actually demonstrates this to be the case? Why ask that? Because no studies were done. People just made that up.

Each joint you smoke is 20X more carcinogenic than smoking a cigarette. My argument was between edibles and vaping you bypass all these terrible carcinogens. My argument should have been where did they get that result? And again, they made it the hell up. No actual testing was ever done. They determined this by patients (without any control of marijuana intake) coughing. No long term studies were ever done.

I think the most dangerous claim (other than there being no medical benefit from marijuana) is the claim that if people are allowed to smoke weed the death toll from driving accidents would be at apocalyptic numbers. I really couldn’t argue that except to say as long as you approve alcohol and pharmaceutical drugs, then don’t be a hypocrite regarding weed. Here’s what I’ve been reading, and again no long term numbers are in. This is just what’s been happening for a short time. Vehicular accidents resulting in deaths in states that have approved medical marijuana have gone down by an average of 11%. I don’t know about fender benders and such, but 11% less dead is pretty big holy crap type numbers. Does that say people drive better stoned? Of course not. It could easily mean that when people are stoned they just aren’t stupid enough to drive impaired unlike many alcohol and opiate users. Is it possible it does make people better drivers? Oh holy hell no, but of course at 11% less deaths due to car accidents, well it should at least be looked into.

Sadly no legitimate testing has been done because marijuana is a Schedule 1 drug and therefore it’s illegal to do any testing of marijuana. Well if you see people claiming studies, pay attention to how the research was done, and more importantly who funded it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Let's smoke a bowl and think about it. I'm ok with weed taking a few years offmy life. You seriously cannot guard against everything.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I agree op is rambling on about something

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Oops, forgot about the claim of hypertension. All I can say is I quit taking my lisinopril a year ago and my bp has been good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That’s the thing. They convinced us that smoking a bowl is actually unhealthy. The truth is they have absolutely no idea. When all is said and done I really believe there will be far more discovered benefits than detriments.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hay buddy you might enjoy granny storm crow's list. it's a massive repository of nearly every study done on cannabis. all properly sourced.
    Granny's in the news!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. #7 CBDBurner, May 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2018
    All those “facts” were supplied by the government and more than likely created with flawed scientific facts to support one goal. Jail and prison others to support states getting federal funding. The other big winner was the pharmaceutical companies. The media, police and school unions are used to push the brain washing on citizens from the kid sitting in a class room to the lame that watches the news every night.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. I agree with everything you just said, except for one thing. I am saying they didn’t use “flawed scientific facts”. I am saying there was no science at all. I don’t believe their facts to be flawed. I am saying their facts are just completely made up. There was no science, not even bad science.

Oh another revelation regarding why marijuana was made out to be evil was to discredit anti-war protesters of the Vietnam war. If these people are declared to be criminals they will lose credibility

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good point man. But they gave someone a check in a lab coat to write up the report and hand it to the food n drug ppl. That was my point but yes your right, I’m sure they wrote it and someone signed it agreeing to the “facts” on paper.
    Isn’t it amazing how easily generations can be brain washed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Not my generation. We are thinking for ourselves. That is why legalization has come so far. Hopefully the millennials will take the reins and follow the example given to us by previous generations.
    The government hates weed because it encourages free thinking. It encourages coming together and blurring the tribal lines they seek to keep us behind. We must take the power back

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. The government doesn’t necessarily hate weed except for John Ashcroft. It’s about scaring a voter base to vote for you, and it’s about the money. The people who are bankrolling the anti marijuana campaigns are alcohol, tobacco, and pharmaceuticals. Unbelievable, no real research was ever done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Can't have a good war without some solid misinformation behind it.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Lol dude are you trying to give your generation credit for the legalization of cannabis. LMAO sorry man but millennials are not the soul reason for all of this happening. People of all ages are the reason it’s legalized. Go back to the drawing board and try to find another reason your generation being worth a shit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Wait.....are you saying the government lied?

My personal experience is if you smoke pot long enough you will get old. When I started smoking I was 18, now look at me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Please re-read my comment. I am not a millennial. My comment said that I hope the millennials can pick up where my generation left off. It has been a generational struggle to end this oppression. We have a long way to go. But with at least 30 states having some form of cannabis leagalized. When I was a kid, there were zero states with legal cannabis or hemp.

• Like Like x 3
  16. What we really need is for cannabis to be taken off the scheduled drug list. Until that happens it'll never be legal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ok sorry missed that.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Now that's a scientific study with Years of research supporting it. I'm also gonna support your hypothesis as I too started as a teen and after years of smoking I'm 49...lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  19. Man they lied I started smoking when I was 15 and I'm only 20. I'm still young explain that government!:love-m3j::lmafoe:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Not even just the government. It was a complete brainwashing of the world.

• Agree Agree x 2