Everything has gone downhill since the 2000's

Discussion in 'General' started by sativaspitfuck, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Looking at the United States of America- Hmmm, just trying to explain at the top of my head is an obstacle. This can either mean I'm too stoned to try to explain what I'm comprehending right now, or I have no fucking idea what i'm talking about. I would love to say it's the first one, but I suppose we really wont know until we get a little further into this little rant.

I can start off and say, we were probably wrong from the start to invade a land that was already occupied by other humans. Imagine going to a place that you expect to be vacant, but find out it's not. Instead of accepting that you waisted a trip across the ocean, and going home to bear the punishment that waited for their arrival back in England, they INVADE someone's land like a couple bullies on the playground!
    But there is nothing we can do about what our ancestors did in the past. Nor can we do anything about the downhill fall our country has taken since the end of the 90's. It's like we have spend all the time we've been here, pushing giant boulders up a mountain. After all this time, our strong, free country has gotten tired. While this is happening, we're getting so dependant on technology that we drop a few of our boulders. Our money situation just keeps getting worse, but of course I'm not educated enough about the countries money situation to start bitching on that subject.- But I do know that we have an unbearable amount of debt. (So naturally, that represents a few more of those boulders we've been pushing. We can just watch those roll back down the mountain, because by this point, we won't find our way back out of debt for a long time.)
    Music is an obvious. Music isn't nearly as good- Enough said.
    This is enough (I think), to support a good enough argument. So I'll stop corroding your time for now.
    But fuck, I feel this is good enough to get some more opinions on the floor! :smoking:

2. To quote a brilliant lyricist: "I always thought this would be the land of milk and honey, but now I come to find out that it's all hate and money..." (Tones of Home by Blind Melon)

I am proud to be American, but I'm very disappointed in the current state of affairs. It seems (and forgive me for saying this) that if you look at the music, 20 years ago the main genre had great poetry, emotion and the songs didn't all sound the same. Now all they talk about is gettin money, fuckin bitches, and robbin [ninjas]. And we have all become obsessed with money, now haven't we?

3. Oh very much so. It seems as if unless it's good raw music, most artist get so over produced. And you can only assume that they don't feel there good enough unless it's all covered up.
    That and exactly what you said, older bands had so much more passion, and you can see, hear, and feel the song. If that makes any sense :smoking:

4. yeah that made sense. some rap is good and real, but rock just puts it all into a relateable perspective. but everybodys different...

5. Yeah, if you look hard enough, you can deff find some music that is still real.
    But you wont find anything like that on the radio. You gotta dig to find music like that!

6. I think Grasscity came out after 2000. :smoking:

7. Well then I propose that The City will be what the 2000's is known for! :smoke: