Grasscity - Black Friday Sale - up to 70% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Everyone with social anxiety click here

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mista Marijuana, Mar 12, 2012.

1. #1 Mista Marijuana, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    **For those skeptical that a sweetener can cause so much damage to a person, read my entire story on page 2. also, read this.

http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/adverse.txt

My entire story is way too big to type out here... but

I just want to say, anxiety has plagued me for my entire life. But, freshman year of high school weird shit went down. I started getting nervous before leaving my room, wondering which hot girl or person I was going to walk into and have to speak to.

It progressed so badly that my best friends I could barely talk to, and talking to them just gave me a sense of fear I had never felt around people I felt close to. You can't imagine, I would be afraid to walk out of my room and see my roommates, roommmates that were my good friends...

Turns out i had anxiety all because of fucking ASPARTAME, the sketch artificial sweetener that was approved by the fda but has received hundreds of thousands of complaints of adverse reactions by people affected by it.

not all are affected by it, but it ruined my life. ive been off aspartame for 4 months and 11 days now, and my anxiety COMPLETELY went away a month ago. im talking like my entire life became fucking different i walk out in the morning and say whatever to whoever, and never have thoughts of doubt about myself or anything i am about to say.

i really advise those with anxiety to see if they react to this dangerous sweetener that has been proven by some studies to straight up just be a cancer causing agent. i also had migraines my entire life, i remember in 6th grade in church (i was in private school) that when it was time to hold hands with the people next to you it was the worst thing in the world because my headaches were so bad i had to touch my head to relieve it but i couldnt because people were holding my hands.

those headaches are also gone too, ones that plagued my entire life and doctors would be like 'lol, probably just sinus'. so people please if u have anxiety it could be ALL because of fucking aspartame.

it ruined my life and almost killed me, like it has actually killed hundreds of others in the world but with no reprecussions because the fda and monsanto is such a huge corporation. anyways, if u want to hear my entire story let me know. and spread the word, because someone you know suffering from anxiety could be suffering under the aspartame spell

2. Damn I kind of have social anxiety in a couple different settings. Any more info/details?

3. I avoid that stuff its gives me headaches. And its in almost everything.

4. Yeah aspartame is bad shit. Watch some videos on it.

5. Damn, sad how the government will push for such a horrible product to be pushed because its so versatile, which also means its really taxable.

6. Really eh. I knew of this things other issues but this is too much. Amazing how nothing we now eat is good for us.

7. Good to hear that you're doing well now. Be happy and glad your life has turned a 180

8. I bet a bunch of the shit they put in food/drink contributes to mental disorder.

I think this is just the tip of iceberg.

9. The chemical composition of your cannabis also can play a part in social anxiety- strains without any CBD can make things worse-

Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients. (abst – 2011) \tCannabidiol reduces the anxiety indu... [Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

And the "average American diet" is a recipe for nutritional disaster! WAY too much fat, sugar, and salt; far too little fiber, raw fruit and veggies and almost NO Omega 3! :(

Diet affects the way we think! And it affects you much more than you know! There is a good reason that all "Stress Vitamins" are heavy on the "B" complex vitamins- they are needed for normal brain functioning! (FYI- part of that alcohol hangover is a lack of B vitamins! Alcohol strips them from your body. :( )

The Omega 3 that I keep bugging you guys about, also is needed to think normally (depression is only one type of "impaired emotional behavior" that Omega 3 deficiency can cause)

“Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.”
    Unbound MEDLINE | Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. PubMed Journal article abstract

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood? How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?

Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Mood Disorders PsychiatryOnline | American Journal of Psychiatry | Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Mood Disorders

And then there are all the additives and preservatives! For me, benzoate of soda can literally send me to the hospital! My digestive system "insists" that it is a poison and goes into a "total purge mode" to get rid of it! It is not very pleasant for me to be poisoned by this stuff...but you guys eat benzoate of soda every day! :eek:

Some of the dyes they use have been implicated in behavior problems in children. I imagine they don't help adult brains function at their best, either! :(

Learn a bit about nutrition. You wouldn't put "bad gas" in your car and expect it to work right! Don't put bad "food" into your body! Eat whole foods and avoid the junk! :yay:

Granny :wave:

10. Granny, I just went to Wikipedia to read up on sodium benzoate and you won't believe this: it said that combined with ascorbic acid (vitamin C) it becomes benzene, a KNOWN CARCINOGEN!

Another reason for hangovers is dehydration. If a person must binge drink, they should load up on water first.

Fish oil: I've been interested in this topic lately... and to think fish oil used to be made fun of. Remember people talking about hoaxters as "fish oil salesmen"?

11. I try to avoid artificial sweeteners as much as possible. Splenda makes me sick. T.T I have social anxiety as well. I didn't know that about CBD, I'll read more on that.

12. Granny, i started taking omega 3 for about a week now. I couldn't find the super 1000mg dosage and i hate taking like 3 huge caps a day, so i bought the liquid lemon version, looks like cough syrup but tastes surprisingly good. i believe the dosage is 700mg pure omega 3 plus some other oils and vitamins.

I'm not sure if its just placebo, or the white rhino ive been smoking for the past few days, but i feel an uplift and an overall positive increase in mood.

13. Wow, I definitely need to stay away from artificial sweeteners way more now. I've never seen anything about these other than they were cancer causing.

Thanks for sharing.

14. yeah just wanna get this out there, hopefully some people here can spread the word because i know there are people out there suffering from affects from aspartame but have absolutely no idea its because of this sweetener

15. Another good method is to learn not to give a fuck. Unlike depression which is a physiological disorder in some cases, a lot of social anxiety just comes from low self esteem, and thinking that everyone is talking about your flaws, when they're not.

16. i too use to be socially anxious sometimes ..
    my cure ? Ganja

No lie, since i started smoking years back, ive just developed into a more social person.
    I just say what I have to say and not worry about other's opinions

17. i can tell you have no knowledge on the subject. i got social anxiety from something in food and drinks, and when i stopped taking that for a certain time my anxiety went away.

it was caused by an outside source and if i had continued to take aspartame i would have anxiety the rest of my life, regardless if i thought to myself 'who gives a fuck'

u think i never thought that? dude i started getting panicked around my good friends, it wasnt a mentality i had it was a medical disease caused by aspartame

18. this really makes me wonder what other shit i could be taking that could possibly be affecting my health subliminally

19. I might have moderate social anxiety because I don't like to be around people much. Mostly because I am extremely uncharismatic and have trouble coming up with interesting conversation with people. I like to hang out in groups with my close friends, but it takes me a while to warm up to people and I don't really hang out one-on-one with people. But I think that's more just because I'm rather introverted, not because I'm scared of people

20. This sounds like me exactly..