Everyone talks about First Year Grow What about the 2nd?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ProPain, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Everyone talks about their first year of growing. I have a questing about year two.

Ok!! On an outdoor grow you dig a hole and fill it with your
    mix of soil, compost, amendment"s, etc.… in the winter and let it ride till
    spring when you plant.(first year) Everything works out and you have a plant
    producing ten plus pounds, and all is great. My question is do you dig that
    hole up again and amend the soil again, or can you top dress it and place a
    fish (or your magic) in the bottom of the hole when you replant next spring,
    and let it ride with the same or close to the same results while watering as
    you did the first year.

I have been following this blog and have read every book I can
    get my hands on about marijuana and I have not found this answer. I do see that
    digging the hole again to get the same results would be the smart way to go. I
    just don"t do that in my own vegetable garden and plant the same plants in the same spots
    every year with great results. I do use the no till method in my vegetable
    garden and that is the reason I am asking. Another reason I am asking is that
    Jorge Cervantes has a YouTube Channel and book, and I believe I have watched
    every video he has and don"t see him do anything to his home garden but add
    amendments to the top and rake them in a little. I don"t want to sound like a
    basket case so I will stop now and refresh impatiently while waiting for a
    response. Thanks in advance.

2. I just pull the stump and top dress. The soil improves as the years go by. Just like your vegetable garden. Feed the soil not the plant.

3. You SHOULD be able to just re amend and be good to go.. IF you have a quality aeraition component, example, this past yr I used 1/3 compost,1/3 aeration of cocoa shell mulch & 1/3 earth with amendments such as kelp meal, bone meal, and garden tone, everything worked great, but I WILL replace everything this coming yr, reason being, I THINK my ladies used up everything they could and the aeration has definitely broken down, if you used perlite (which stands out in outdoor guerilla grows) you could probably get away with just reammending the holes, again this is just my exp and may vary..

4. I'm on my second grow. First was awesome, no issues at alll, just like a week of spider mites, and I cut down way to early. This grow I've come to realize I haate caterpillars, humidity and fog (which I have right now), learned I need to know how to top which I'll learn for next plant. But she's more beautiful than my first plant

5. I've done both outside and I feel I get better results digging out the site adding more perlite and a cup of alfalfa pellets, Neem meal and some crab shell usually and dropping the new plant in and backfilling with what came out.. I get to much compaction to get more then 2 or 3 runs of no-till even in my big sites.. So Cal in summer I have to water 3 times a week and I get some native soil wash into my sites so it's adjusted for local conditions..
    I'd say run 1 or more of each style and judge yourself.. Cannabis is a fast grower and the lighter my soil is the better it runs.. I can tell when I need more aeration.. You'll get a far better education hanging around the city then most of the grow vids I've seen..

BNW

6. Thanks for the replies guys. I think digging it up and adding
    perlite and some fish might be the way to go. BNW in my neck of the woods it is
    a hush hush, it"s a one seed a year deal and maybe check twice. Thanks again.

7. Get out the vote.. Be pro active in pushing for change in your own back yard.. That's how it gets done.. Recall city, county and state officials that vote against it.. The time is NOW and the change is coming all over.. This country added 2 more states in 2015 to the list of states that have some kind of cannabis program..
    Hell I remember all to well when even possession of a seed was a fucking felony crime

BNW

8. It's just a hole in the ground. What you do with it is up to you. TWW

9. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app