Everyone on earth must join together!

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by joe123, Mar 18, 2011.

1. If all people were to make the earth one country there would be no need of a global military cause of no other countries to fight, saving us massive amounts of money... If we were to put all that money to a space effort we could be moving through galaxies, mars would be terraformed, the moon base would be made, space stations through out the solar system and eventually the universe. If the earth did end which it will then we could just move on to another planet. The human race would be very dominate through out the universe and mabye we would meet other intelligent beings which could help us expand even more.

To much to ask for though lol... People are to ignorant to do what's right anymore.

2. I see your point, but I think your aspirations in terms of dominating the universe are just a little optimistic, at least for the next millenium or so.

Your point on the human race being unified does make some sense though. It would certainly benefit us in that there would be no wasted resources on war. Some basic short term achievements may come about faster (such as a moon base).

Essentially what you are talking about is a Utopian society. I happen to agree that this is the way forward for the human race. I don't think it will happen in our lifetimes or in that of our grandchildren. There are several reasons for this. One of them is the ever divisive issue of religion. The other reason is politics; specifically capitalism.

Rich people need poor people (as rich countries need poor countries) in order to be rich. And while there is still capitalism, there will always be self-interested individuals looking to be better than the next man (or self-interested countries looking to be better than the next country) and thus, division. The only way that we will get away from this paradigm will be a huge advancement in technology, and I think specifically an advancement in energy production. If you have unlimited (or effectively unlimited) energy resources, then there is no need to be competitive. Everybody will have everything they need. This will be a major shift for the human race.

We have had many similarly large shifts before. The latest was called the Industrial Revolution. That firmly planted capitalism and consumerism as our sociopolitical paradigm. The next shift will be a similar change.

It's an honourable view, really it is, but unfortunately, for the next hundred years or more, it's also a futile and optimistic view.

3. You know what pisses me off! The fact there is even a 'space race'. Countries fighting to see who can get out there first! Why not put all our money together and do it as team Earth!?! Put all our money and brains together. We are all trying to do the same thing! Makes more sense to me. But know, it's always gotta be a competition! We will continue wasting all our money blowing each other up. We are such a stupid species.

4. Not stupid, More like selfish.

5. Isn't that what the International Space Station is all about?

There are only a few countries left that are in competition, and they are hardly a big loss to the bigger team. North Korea for example.

6. I feel like in the future when we discover "Aliens" were all going to come together and instead of being enemies in the world, enemies of space? ya smell meh? :eek:

7. I do not think a Global Government would stop war. There will always be a battle to obtain power, on every level of Human life. What about civil war? Revolutions? We would still have a Gov't, and people would not agree with the way the Gov't would handle things, so they would either try to separate or take over by gaining support and waging war. I guess some type of leader/leading group will always be needed to accomplish things such as helping to maintain and improve the quality of life of people and accomplish such things as Space Travel etc.

There will always be someone/ some group trying to gain power.

8. Key word being people. If the people choose to unite under one government then I would most likely say the universe is half full. If the governments choose to unite people under one government, then I'm afraid we would have more Industrial Military policies trampling our freedoms than we know what to do with.

An article about this I found recently...not the answers you would expect.

The New Space Race | Mars Today - Your Daily Source of Mars News

9. Bro I completely agree... Once scientist perfect the fission mechanism there will be almost unlimited amount of resources. Mabye some day someone will finally figure it out.