everyone inheritently likes weed

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by addictedtoweed, Apr 14, 2009.

1. you may be asking how so?

well i'll explain
    one night while high i realized this three point proof:

Who likes being sad?
    (no one)

Everyone must then like being happy

Weed makes you happy

Therefore, Everyone likes weed

2. I've never found weed makes me happy.

It just makes me feel more of whatever I was already feeling. If I blaze when I'm happy then I'm fucking HAPPY, man! But if I'm not feeling that great I just get even less great.

3. Your "theory" falls incredibly short on its assumption that nobody is happy without MJ. While most of the collective consciousness is tied down and in the slump of 9-5 and the ridiculous setup of society, not everyone is like this.

I loved weed, and I still have nothing against it, but my consciousness has cultivated to a place now where I feel much better sober than high.

4. well i didn't really mean you need weed to be happy, but you know...why do people not like weed?

i should have elaborated a bit more, but im far too lazy

5. I think we're naturally inclined to consume cannabis, but as with anything it's not meant for everyone.

My mother, for example, HATES pot. Not because it's bad for you, but because it makes her too paranoid and anxious, so she stopped and will never do it again.

I personally like pot because it stops my body from aching, and allows my mind to take a break for a little bit.

6. MJ is a psychedelic, therefore not everyone will enjoy the high.

7. i will only say one thing. we have cannaboid receptors in our brains. therefore we were made to blaze. so there ya go. i dont know if we are happy or sad or wahtever, our brain chemistry is enough proof that we are made to blaze!

8. #8 chronicman00, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
    then everyone loves heroin too..^^we also have opiate receptors.^^ therefore we were made to do opiates?

I think we have cannabinoid receptors for natural cannabinoids in our body to attach to. as well as opiate receptors for endorphins and shit.

9. Exctacy make people happy, but lots of people are against it, even people who smoke weed.

There are lots of things that make people happy, everyone inheritenly likes happiness.

But i do understand what you mean.:)

10. yea man smoke some weed and have some poppy tea :p

11. yea its not a very solid proof but hey...it was really more of a general idea type of thing

12. :confused:

everyone is born with a different set of DNA, a different lifestyle, and the most puzzling of all? intuition, cognition, and sometimes, logic. to lay claim that ALL humans like weed, is so grandiose that it just declares shenanigans. sure, were all born with cannabinoid receptors and whatnot, but we have opiate receptors, we have many means of taking in other drugs and nutrition. i dont know maaaan... :rolleyes::smoking:

13. You say that like it's a bad thing. I did opium once, and melted. It used to be popular, and was only banned because China got addicted to it, if I remember correctly.

I think if we have receptors for it, we..inherently have the potential for liking it, which has its extremes in abuse and abstination.

14. Weed by no means does not make everyone happy.

15. ^actually, your wrong. smoking weed creates a chemical compound in your brain that causes the emotion of "satisfaction" where u are completely satisfied, which is why people say it demotivates you. when u smoke weed u become satisfied, or HAPPY with your state of being, who u are, where u are, etc. :wave:

16. Physiologically yes. Realistically, no. I've known a handful of people who just cannot smoke weed because they always freak out way too much. The paranoia and the anxiety completely take over every other emotion.

17. #17 Cos Mic, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
    i'm sure there's at least a few puritans out there for whom being happy is a sin, and is something they very much dont like, and are against.

(sorry, watched the great howard mark's standup bit recently, his logic is still on my mind.)

PS, i know some artist types who prefer being sad. the sados.
    whole theory made of holes. poke poke. :) yeah, alas, if it were that simple, im sure we'd have figured it out ages ago. sounds great on the simple of it. but falls under scrutiny.

18. yea :), it was funny when i thought of it. its, i suppose, like swiss cheese

it sounds great and then your like wait...why are there all these holes in it?