Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Everyone give me some feedback Please

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by cham3leon252, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Hello Everyone, I'm new to the community so I wasn't sure where to post this thread. I've been smoking for 14 years so I came here. When I first started toking I started with blunts, but then quickly moved to joints because of the fact that I wanted to smoke healthier and wanted to leave the tobacco out.

After the years of smoking I've always preferred good weed, but its been leaving a dent in my pocket so I wanted to use a smoking method that would still allow me to smoke when I wanted to and that would allow me not to spend so much money on weed. This is where my dilemma comes in. I recently bought a small metal pipe. I was pretty amped up because of the good news I was reading about a pipe on the internet. The first time i toked from the pipe I wasnt aware that you couldnt pull for a long time because the smoke would get hot. So I packed my weed put a light to it and pulled like there was no tomorrow. I tell you I never really recognized that it was hot i just felt like a tickle in my throat and I started coughing nonstop. I thought I was going to cough out a lung or something. That night I had the high like never before. My heart started racing, I felt real dizzy, and for some reason or another I felt short of breath so I tried to take deep breaths to lower my heart rate, but it was like I was breathing and suffocating at the same time. I was breathing but couldnt actually use the air. At least it felt like it. I know this might have been a panic attack because I experienced it before when I first started smoking Hydro. So I wasnt worried about that, But then my lungs felt like I burned a hole through them and after the high went down the days passed and I still had a burning sensation in my lungs I also felt as if I had to help myself to breath.

So I decided to get a bubbler which I read that cools down the smoke and is healthier than a pipe. A week later I was smoking some Sour Diesel on my bubbler and I experienced the same burning sensation even though I used the carb properly. Pack the weed, fill the bubbler with cool water, put my finger on the carb, light, Pull, then when the air gets hot realease my finger from the carb to get some fresh air. I did all this and my lungs still feel like i was burning a hole through them while using my bubbler. I was pretty happy that I didnt need to smoke alot of weed to get hammered, but i feel like my lungs are paying the price. I'm writing this thread right now with a sharp sensation in the middle of my chest. i wouldnt say pain because it doesnt mortally hurt, but I feel like if I keep smoking out of a bubbler I'm going to mess up my lungs. I was pretty disappointed and now I'm going to go back to joints if i feel that my lungs get better i'm also thinking about getting a vaporizer but I have to save up for that. So my question to everyone that took the time to read this...Has anyone else experienced this sharp pain in their lungs? Why does a bubbler get good reviews for taking smooth tokes and it doesnt work this way for me? Ive also changed the light source to see if it was that from butane lighters to wooden matches back to butane lighters.

2. If I were you, I'd probably take a few days off from smoking and see how the lungs clear up. Ive never felt a burning sensation like you described, but I have felt a little sore if I take HUGE rips of some spicy hot smoke. If you're lungs are still really burning in a handful of days you might want to get it checked out. As for the bubbler, it does cool the smoke for easier hits, your lungs were probably just still sore from the metal pipe.

Hope this helped, welcome to GC too!

3. I love that burning sensation. I've never had it too intense and I've ripped some big ass bongs before. You just need to get used to it and maybe like previously stated, you should take a break for a couple days. I've been really sick and everything burns the fuck out of my lungs.

4. /agree
    I do have a question though, were you smoking the same stuff both times? If so there might just be some irritanet in it that is fucking with your shit.

5. You may have really hurt your lungs the first time around, with the metal pipe - which in itself shouldn't have been too painful. The bubbler is generally going to be a smoother hit but you were still fatigued from the pipe, I think.

6. what i call it is heartburn equivalent to your lungs. i get it whenever i hit a good bong, and its completely normal.

having said that i would also like to point out that if you are worried about the health effects of smoking then just get a vaporizer. healthiest way to get high, as far as i know

7. #7 dcpusher, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
    You might want to look into a vaporizer, as it won't hurt your lungs at all,, and you only need a tiny bit of pot.

edit- I swear that post wast there ^ when I started typing. I guess I post too slow...

8. I got a vaporizer for the same exact reason and I love it. Not only did it save my lungs, it also saved me so much cash. I recommend getting a quality one such as the Silver Surfer which I own(and love), but just get any that is reliable because it will pay for itself in the future.

9. maybe you're just smoking some bin laden weed that be droppin nukes in your pulmonary.

10. no i think you hurt you lungs the first time and the second time you irratated them
    just chill out from smoking id say a week

11. Thanks I appreciate the replies, I just wanted to add that the only reason i was concerned about this was because eversince ive been smoking joints I never felt this sensation In my lungs and its not so much the feeling because i dont care about the feeling my only concern is the future effects it might have on my lungs. Just to be a little more descriptive i have been smoking the same sour diesel for about 5 years and in joints and never had a problem. I do believe my lungs have to get used to it, but it was the extreme coughing that i got once from the pipe and then I waited about 5 days when i threw it out and I bought my bubbler. After I bought my bubbler I had another scenerio with the extreme cough, which i swear to you i felt as if I had something loose somewhere where my throat meets my lungs but that feeling went away quickly. that one was funny because i had my finger on the carb and i was so excited about my bubbler that when i put fire to it and inhaled I was so amused by the bubbles and the way the weed looked how it was burning while I was pulling that I forgot to take my finger off the carb. Ill tell you this, I coughed my ass off but got an extreme rush of highness straight to the head.Might I add that I do cardio workouts and I felt that it did have an impact on my cardio as I felt I couldnt take as much air in my lungs as Im used to.

Today its been 6 days i havent used my bubbler and my lungs feel better. The only problem i noted was that on the third day my voice was alil hoarse but that went away. So my fellow tokers I dont want to ramble on I just wanted to put enough information so I can get an idea.Im still down to get a vaporizer but this bubbler Ihave is a pretty niffty instrument and it looks so kool besides that it cost me 40 BUCKS! and the level of highness is undescribable. it would be ashame if I had to stop using it all of a sudden. Thanks for reading my post. Im so in love with Mary Jane

12. #12 Bego, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2009
    Pipes and bubblers are definitely more painful than a joint, and when I take a huge rip, i feel like my lungs are on fire, but within 20 minutes it goes away. Just give it a rest, then take small hits.

And to add on that, it gets better with time, and when you figure out how to deliver a perfect sized hit for you, it will be effortless.

13. look metal pipes suck...just fuck wit a ice bong period...

14. Save up for a vape or get a bong.
    The bong will be smoother if you take a smaller hit, but get you ripped still.

15. Hey whats up again everyone. Good lookin on the replies they helped alot. I forgot to mention the fact that I was trying to get a piece that wasn't so big so I can hide it. even though a vape is big I can get away with owning it cause no one in my house would know what it is, I can just say that I use it to clean my system or something, but a bong everyone that has never seen a bong and saw one for the first time would more or less have an idea whats it for. Im glad to say that I have gotten better at using the bubbler my lungs no longer bother me in fact I've noticed that using the bubbler has help expand my lungs. I have even used crushed ice and the tokes are even smoother. The only thing that happened to me using the crush ice the other day is that some how the ice decreases the amount of smoke so I filled up the bowl and lit it inhaled and released and it looked like a mist instead of smoke I did this a couple of times and didnt think I was gonna get high. what was that for? 20 minutes later I was high out my mind. It was so intense I wasnt able to enjoy it as I would have liked. I was watching my high on the clock and was counting it down. Im not complaining cause it was like an outer body experience but I was just so amaze at how intense it was. That was sour diesel. When I smoked the joints i just got high but in this bubbler I got super high and didnt need to smoke as much. I love it now its gonna keep me company till I get my vape. I even found a way to extend the amount of weed i consume without spending as much. I bought a 50 sack of sour and a 20 sack of reg mixed them up and Presto! I have regular weed with the high of good weed. I take two full tokes and Im gone and it has been lighter on my pockets. im a happy toker now.:smoke:

16. #16 cham3leon252, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2009
    Hi hello everyone Im not happy to say that im right back where I started from. I had to finally give my bubbler away and as much as that hurt me, I dont think I could have sacrificed my throat and my lungs. I went around the net looking for ideas, but i havent found a thread where someone actually says that smoking from a pipe or a bubbler has caused them any problems. well its been two weeks since I gave my bubbler away and I thought I was feeling fine. At the end of the two weeks I decided to go back to the joints(just something to hold me down until I get a vaporizer) and I feel that slight pain in my chest and shortness of breath. I hope I havent damaged my lungs. Its been a week since I smoked that single joint and the joint still made me feel those symptoms. Does anyone have any feedback on what that is? It has totally ruined my smoking experience because before I bought the pipe or the bubbler I was happy with joints and never had a problem with them as soon as I had those two lung busting experience my lungs have never been the same not even after I went back to smoking joints and it sucks because now I do cardio workouts and I feel shortness of breaths faster and my lungs feel heavy I have never felt this before. Has anyone experienced this?

17. Your lungs are an organ just like anything else. They will repair themselves with time, and become acclimated to the conditions we put them through. Like everybody has been saying...Just take it easy and build up some "Iron lungs"

You can irritate the lining of the trachea by coughing, which under the heat of smoke will feel like a burning sensation. If your body is new to this...then...it's gonna burn, and burn badly. Over time (I found when I started smoking my spoon), my lungs would still have a slight sting on the inhale and exhale, but it became something I looked forward to...you know...those "good hurts" we all have?

The bubbler is a fabulous instrument of smoking, and not only filters your smoke, but cools it as well. Try putting the little bub in the fridge and THEN smoking it with crushed ice...you won't be dissappointed.

18. Is there a possibility you have asthma? I never had asthma until I was 24. I got pneumonia and after it went away, I had asthma. Whenever I toke, my lungs kill me. I'm saving for a vape, but for now I alternate between jays and pipes/bongs. The jay is much easier than the pipe on my lungs.

Anyway, I'm rambling. My point is maybe you should go to the doctor because my asthma is not very noticeable on days I don't toke, but when I toke, it's like my whole chest is on fire. Plus I never had asthma when I was younger so I was surprised you could just develop it like that.

19. you smoked for 14 years and didnt realize that smoke gets hot?

uhhhhhhhh k:confused:

20. Haha I was wondering if anyone else saw that.

Yeah man you just gotta find the right balance of smoke that you inhale and it's all good.:D