Everybody boycotting chick fil a is stupid

Discussion in 'General' started by Purp Skurp, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. How about basic human dignity and equal rights? Does that mean nothing?

2. You can't be serious.

The ONLY purpose of us gays wanting marriage rights is because under the US Constitution all people are supposed to be EQUAL in all things.

Your ridiculous comment is like taking a time machine back to 1950s Virginia and telling all the interracial couples vying for marriage rights "ah you guys don't need marriage rights. All you're gonna get is some tax cuts! Who cares that the government doesn't find your relationship valid!"

It's bigotry, any way you try to slice it. It has no place in the 21st century.

3. #83 Kramer, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    Imagine if I told a woman and a man who wanted to spend their lives together and perform the (supposedly) spiritual and loving bond of marriage that they couldn't because marriage nowadays is a crock to what it's supposed to be, and all it is is a way for them to get tax cuts.

Could you imagine the hurt that they'd feel if that was everyone's view?

Could you imagine the kind of ass chewing I'd receive for being so inconsiderate to someone's lifestyle choice?

Who am I to deny someone who is in love with another the privilege to bind their souls and futures together in an emotional peak such as marriage?

I am no one with the authority to do that to anyone, that's who.

So who the fuck else has sovereignty over this matter when it comes to same sex marriage?

People need to get off the high-horse for opposing this union and the apathetic crowd needs to grow some god damned compassion.

/fury and agitation over ignorance

4. In the last century it was illegal in several areas for a black man and a white woman to get married. Equal protection either applies to EVERYONE or it just doesn't fucking work.

5. i have no problems with the rainbow crowd...but i also like chick-fil-a... don't eat there very often...but i won't stop eating there either...i understand why people are offended by gays being able to marry...marriage is tried into people's religion...and religion is against same sex marriage...i know the usa is all about liberty and justice for all...but it also says "in god we trust" right on our money...and according to religion god says same sex marriage is a no no...i actually could care less about gay marriage..there are a lot of bigger problems going on

keep it green.

6. for the record same sex marriage does not bother me

7. #87 kush70, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    I am not gay , however i totally agree !

unfortunately theres alot of things in the good ol USA that are NOT equal !

Bigotry in ANY form has no place in the 21st century !

I completely agree WW !! why give MY money away to some bunch of yahoo's who's beliefs i don't agree with...

I just wont do it !

8. They don't have any Chick-Fil-A's where I'm at, so I'd never given them much thought. But now, I think I'd just pass if I was somewhere that had one. This new marketing campaign isn't working very well.

9. Until they hang signs on all their restaurants that say "no gays allowed" I see no problem and no one can tell me otherwise.

10. there policy on chicken nuggets is make em dank as hell thats the only one i care about

11. Fuck chick-fil-a.

12. i'd rather they do that than hide the fact that they are bigots..

at least then i know not to eat there..

13. I saw some pictures of like KFC, Burger King, and Mcdonalds saying they do/don't support chick fil a. Can anyone clarify this for me?

14. Don't mind that they have an opinion, but I won't let them use my dollars to actively oppress anyone, which is what they do.

It's stupid to vote with your dollars? I must have missed that memo. The one I got, said it's stupid to accept the status quo if you don't agree with it. We must be on different mailing lists.

15. They're all fast food places competing in the same market for the same customers, so common sense dictates that they wouldn't support each other. KFC is even a fried chicken place and McDonald's and Burger King are even in competition with each other, so it only makes sense to not support a company you're in direct competition with.

16. Can someone plese make me a list of places that are anti gay so I can get rid of this $100 bill and thank you letters I just now printed out.

17. Also, a trend I notice here and on other forums: People who are for the boycott state their opinions in complete, properly-punctuated sentences with generally correct grammar and spelling. Those against the boycott type run-on sentences or fragments with horrendous grammar and usually no punctuation at all. Probably with two fingers.

Mind you, this is generally speaking so there are exceptions.

18. I don't care about gay people and don't mind them living out their gay lives I was just trolling, so don't include me in that group because I purposfully misiplled pleez

19. lol, Fair enough.

20. About the using your money to support anti gay stuff;

You pay chick-fil-a for their foods and services, not to represent you and your beliefs. That much is true.

However, once the transaction is complete, it is no longer your money it is chick-fil-a's money. People (corporations) can choose what to do with/where to invest their money however they choose.

If they had a donation box set up with proceeds going to that type group, transparent or not, I could see people being upset about their money being used to support those groups.

Perhaps I am not educated enough on that side of the argument (feel free to enlighten me), but in taking that into consideration, that whole part of the argument is invalid as well from where I stand.

It just seems like the gay community trying to pressure people into supporting them, imo. (again, for reference, I fully support gay people/gay marriage 100%)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.