Everybody boycotting chick fil a is stupid

Discussion in 'General' started by Purp Skurp, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Unless he works at a corporate office he probably has changed the fryalator at least once a week. Even if hes a manager or something.

2. Well some might argue that the US is not a genuine free market, but I would say that the politician would best keep quiet unless he lived in Alabama or something.

3. lol who gives a shit

4. That doesn't reflect to well on you.
    Obviously you never bothered to read my link. In some places (surprisingly in the deep South), there are a boatload of righteous fools supporting the chain and using derogatory terms about same sex couples, etc. :smoke:

5. I was going to eat and got a craving for chick fil a, but saw the line:eek:(it wrapped around the building twice and continued into random parking lots.. so we went to some chinese place instead:D

f that lol

6. hah well it was good for business.. Some locations had to call in police to direct traffic hah!

7. Im eating chik fil a right meow!

8. I have to say, the people that are seriously offended by this come off as very thin-skinned to me. Nothing is ever going to get better in this country if everyone is offended by everything people say and do. Turn the other cheek and move along.

9. In some threads you taunt people as sheeple, in this one you are telling them to become one. :p :smoke:

10. I wouldn't say they are stupid, just butt hurt, and probably a little dick bent too :rolleyes:

11. Really? I'd shoot myself if I ever used the word "sheeple" outside of this sentence. There's a difference between blindly following and choosing to be the bigger person.

12. If he were a bible salesman, I could understand. But he sells chicken and biscuits. I couldn't care less about his personal opinion. I'm not interested in changing his opinion. I'm not all that interested in hearing it either.I just don't get it, but whatever....

The problem is that he is using his corporate publicity to influence public policy, using money provided by his customers and his franchise owners, who probably don't all share the same personal opinions.

As consumers, some people will support him and continue to eat the chicken and biscuits and others will decide that they don't want THEIR dollars to support his same unpopular opinion and political influence.

13. In that case; Please accept my humble apology for confusing that. :eek: :smoke:

14. It's too good to boycott

15. #75 CaliBudE, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    [quote name='"Purp Skurp"']Theyve been open that they don't like gays for a really long time and all of a sudden some people want to boycott them so they can feel like they're actually doing something? Lol[/quote]

Yea I feel the same way ........ Its whatever but I guess the owner was giving millions to stop gay marriage ..... Haha I thinks it funny an I hope that money would of gone towards legalizing weed ....... But oh no we're not allowed to grow our own medicine or recreational/ stress reliever cause then we won't give our money to pharmacies and buy alcohol ......

But I've been wanting chick fila for awhile and seeing it on the news now I want some it's a bit overpriced but I like the waffle fries and some guy on the news made the spicy chicken sandwhich sound bomb but I already ate .......

But I might get some wings (garlic Parmesan ) from pizza hut a 3-pack of BUD light tall cans

$.50 today

[quote name='"SmokinGirlTx"']Everybody hating on chickfila needs to realize that there are opinions other than theirs and he is allowed to feel however he wants. No matter if the majority thinks he is wrong.

I don't care if gay people get married,its not any of my business what they do in their personal lives but they shouldn't force their views onto other people until they cave and say you're right,it makes them look like bullies. Accept that not everyone agrees on everything and move on. Life is too short to stress over one guys opinion.[/quote]

The gays are only giving chik fila publicity ..........

Haha that bar that has their own sandwhich ......

Who cares ? I'm never gonna eat their or anyone else besides the gays ..... But good for them .....

If all the gays support weed then I'll support them cause in the end the government has made it clear it's us against them ....... Their is no more democracy .........

Us against the tyrannical US government .....

16. WTF is Chick Fil A?

17. Fast food

18. I can't boycott them. lol There aren't enough bigots where I live for them to stay in business, so there aren't any to boycott. KFC is where it's at!

Although, I'm vegan now, so I probably couldn't even eat there anymore. lol

19. The only purpose of gay marriage seems to be tax cuts. Don't boycott a fast food restaurant for tax cuts.

20. FIRST of all, boycotts do work - check out the history of Nestle Foods - in the 70's and 80's they were caught giving/selling infant formula to third world nations that was tainted and lacking proper nutrition. There was a HUGE boycott in the U.S. of Nestle foods and it actually got them to change their business practices.

Secondly, I'm sorry, but it's MY MONEY. I'm not going to knowingly give it to corporations that I don't agree with their policies. I don't shop at Wal-Mart, or eat at Carl's Jr or Wendy's for similar reasons. If nothing else I know I have a clear conscience by not supporting those types of organizations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.