Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Every toker in this mofo needs to respond to this! :)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Smokin Joes, Dec 8, 2010.

1. So I was under the impression for awhile that marijuana was not linked with cancer in any way. That was something tokers have boasted on debates and such. But then, people have told me that by SMOKING marijuana you are still inhaling carcinigins(cancer causing agents). This really sucks because I always thought that by smoking marijuana, I wont get cancer rather then smoking tobacco. But now I feel like I might as well be smoking tobacco :(. Is this true guys?

Don't answer with "Use a vape.". Answer the question with the most information you are willing to provide.

2. It is true that smoking mj is bad for you. But that is because inhaling smoke into your lungs is ALWAYS bad for you. However, you probably don't smoke enough weed to actually cause any damage because there are much smaller quantities of unhealthy shit in weed. Don't smoke cigs. I do. I wish I had never started. They fucking suck.

3. Ive always heard and read that nothing in marijuana causes cancer. MAybe the burning of plant material has carcinogens in it? Im no scientist, but the proof is in the puddin. No recorded deaths, have been related to marijuana. And If smoking bud caused somebody to get cancer, we would definately know about it. But, so far, nobody has heard of marijuana causing any negative health effects.

4. The carcinogens in weed smoke are AFAIK only due to burning plant matter. Also, studies have shown links between weed and the destruction of cancer cells. I'd say you have a greater risk of getting cancer from inhaling car exhaust daily, but I'll leave it to someone who knows more to explain more.

5. Not many of us are scientists here, we've only heard what you've heard. Inhaling any kind of smoke is carcinogenic. Eating BBQ is carcinogenic too. Look up a list of the stuff that's carcinogenic and you'll be so paranoid that you'll probably think you already have cancer.;)

Something to take into account is that marijuana is an expectorant, which is why heavy pot smokers cough up tar. If that sounds unpleasant, don't smoke weed. Cigarette smoke does the opposite from what I understand, causing the little holes in your lungs to contract, trapping the tar inside of your body, to do whatever damage they'll do. Anyone with a more scientific source about this? :rolleyes:

6. You might get cancer if you smoke too much J. But you'll fall asleep way before that. Haha try chain smoking weed, you'll see what I mean. :smoke:

7. Basicaly yes, marijuana smoke does have carcinogens, although, NONE are radioactive and thus will not cause cancer. The carcinogens in tobacco on the other hand are radioactive causing cancer. But seriously....vapes are way better anyway.

8. You see the thing with marijuana is you don't smoke the same amount of cigarettes like you usually do. Plus there has not been a single study conducted that marijuana would cause cancer in a lot of its smokers.

Don't get discouraged from smoking it if you are really enjoying it. If you want to be extra safe getting a pipe is a nice and a cheap alternative as comparing to vaporizer.

9. yea it might give you cancer later on in life, but who gives a motherfuck? i dont wanna live til im 60 anyway. but truly there have been recent studies which show marijuana has no link to cancer, but who knows. im no scientist. all i know is ill smoke regardless if it gives me cancer or not.

10. You might change your mind if you have kids and want to see your grandkids or something crazy like that.

I also read in surveys that most people said their 60s were the best years of their lives. (not including ages 0-9 and 10-19)

11. Cancer is mainly due to radiation. Tobacco is grown with radioactive fertilizers, so that's why there are so many ad campaigns saying that smoking causes cancer. But nowadays, just about everything causes cancer, so why give a fuck? Keep on tokin'.

12. Is anything else grown with radioactive fertilizer, like food or say... weed? :( Or is there a particular reason why tobacco fertilizer is radiated?

13. The researchers that have published articles showing no link between marijuana and cancer are well aware that marijuana smoke contains many carcinogens. Why would you think that the most informed people on the subject wouldn't know that?

Their conclusions still stand. Obviously the weed they used for their research included all the carcinogens any other weed does... yet they still were unable to find any link to actually causing cancer. That suggest that there is a significant diffference between inhaling carcinogens from cigarettes and inhaling them from weed. That distinction is as of yet unknown.

The most important thing to consider is that there are no known cases of marijuana-only smokers with smoke induced lung cancer.

14. Yeaa man. There has never been a case of lung cancer connected to only smoking weed. Everrr. And it has been shown to help people who have cancer. and get rid of tumors and shitt. I did hear somewhere though that if you smoke weed and cigs you are 3 times more likely to get cancer than cigs alone. So basically don't smoke cigs. That has a definite relation to cancer haha.

15. 1. as of right now i am never having kids unless this world gets its shit together. I really dont want to bring a child into this fucked up world and make him live through it. if i had the choice i would have never been born, because all the worry and stress in my life outwheighs anything good. I dont want a son or daughter that feels the same way. I would feel horrible if they were depressed like i was, and i really wouldnt want to put anyone through the feelings i had when i was a kid. So unless the world becomes a sunny happy go lucky place, kids are a no.

2. I heard that too. probably because they are retired. But still, i would rather not be a disguisting old dude that has trouble taking a piss. 50 at the most, please

16. ^^ This guy is the only one that is close... actually he nailed it.

Marijuana contains many carcinogens, chemicals that when extracted and concentrated and injected into rats cause cancer.

No one has ever got lung cancer from smoking marijuana, not saying that no one has lung cancer that has smoked marijuana, but is is usually liked to other factors such as tobacco, radon gas, etc.

Marijuana does burn at a higher temperature and you inhale it deeper than tobacco, so if you really are worried about your health, don't smoke it, eat it ;). Smoking anything is't the best, healthiest or most efficient way to get it into your body, that is why so many doctors are against medical marijuana.

17. What the Union, It talks about this. For Cancer to form, there has to be a radioactive element involved here. Tobacco has it and that is why it causes cancer, weed is not grown with anything like that so you do not have to worry bud.

18. It sounds like someone needs a hug........

19. 1. The world is what you make it. Attempt to appreciate the positive things in your life everyday and you will be surprised at the new world that you discover.

2. Now that is just plain ignorant. Why would being 60 make it so you can't piss cleanly?
    Many old folks are in very good health. Hell there are a lot of tokers in these forums over 50 and a good number over 60. Myself, I am just a young whipper snapper at 53. :wave::smoke:

20. weed has anti-carcinogens along with carcinogens