Every day or every other day??

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Set_it_off, Sep 1, 2009.

1. #1 Set_it_off, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
    Well basically what I want to know is should I excercise everyday or every other day? I just want to build muscle(actualy strength isn't the important thing for me..the size is..if it matters)

Currently I do weights + pushups every other day.

edit: one more... How fast does one build muscle on average?

2. You dont want to exercise everyday you need to give your muscles time to rest. And dont work the same muscles group 2 days in a row, youll build muscles and notice results in 3-5 weeks and a months worth you will see even better results if you worked hard.

3. i work out every single day and would suggest it. all you have to do is switch off on which muscle groups you work. my weekly routine is cardio, lower, upper, lower cardio, upper, lower etc. i usually switch it up once every few weeks after a max challenge.

muscle growth depends on a lot of different things. genetics, what you are eating, and how you are exercising to name a few. if you are eating moderately healthy meals and getting the right amount of protein you will notice results pretty quickly. if you want to get big you have to work HARD. i do 3 sets of 6-8 reps for most of my lifts at 85-90% of my max.

4. Hit each muscle hard with heavy strength training once a week. Anything more could potentially hurt your progress.

Take it from me - I used to work each muscle 2-3 a week. When I switched to once a week on a split routine my gains increased like you wouldn't believe.

5. Or you could do each muscle once per week directly and once per week indirectly. For example, blasting chest directly would hit shoulders indirectly depending on what exercises you do. Making a workout plan has always been a fucking nightmare for me because I hear so many different theories on how to maximize muscle gain that my head explodes with confusion. :confused: I'd say workout 5 days per week with 2 days off. But eventually you should learn what works for you.

6. 4 or 5 days a week, depending on your life schedules revolves around it. You hit opposite muscles groups, upper body to lower body the next day. It's mostly about what you eat right after you workout, so that you're insulin levels go back up and can travel proteins to your muscles. Dates and Cottage Cheese with fruit are two of the absolute best things you can eat after you workout in ties with a protein shake.

You can PM me if you're really interested in more knowledge, and I can direct you to many other sources.

7. #7 hit this shit, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2009