EverMystique's Adventure Zone

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by EverMystique1, Nov 2, 2016.

• Like Like x 3
  1. Spent time last night just reading. Said screw the internet and just read. Read a whole book, actually. LOL. Before I knew it, it was 4am, and hubby was up for work.

Not a lot going on in the room right now. What is growing is on cruise control. My new seedlings... I lost 3 of them to the cats, who chewed the cotyledons off them. *sigh* My fault. I decided to seed them in natural light and had the tray sitting on the desk. Knew I should have moved it to the room, but forgot. I had a big issue that was playing hell with my brain, and I was not able to even force myself to concentrate on anything. Thankfully that stressor is no longer. That would have likely pushed me very close to insane. LOL.

• Like Like x 6
  2. That's good sounds like you can use the time

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Looks like I'm home from work tonight. Had a flat last night. One of my coworkers had a portable pump and aired it up for me. Got out to my truck today, and it's just as flat as it was last night. Looked for the jack to put on my spare (which is bald enough that the bands are about to peek out), and the jack is missing. Hubby does grocery shopping today, so won't be home until after 4pm. If we get it changed so that I can get to the tire store yet today, I still won't get done in time to make it worth the drive to work. So, I called off. Gonna short the pay check, but I had OT last week. We'll survive. LOL. And I am sure there is more OT to come.

The good thing is, I have 2 batches of candy to make for a pick up either tomorrow or Sunday, so I can finish the tincture today and get the candies made either tonight or tomorrow morning.

On another work-related note, had a coworker and friend who signed my name on a bid for me. I had asked questions about it, and honestly, I could likely do the job with almost no training. Quite frankly, they need someone with my skills and dedication in that position. Doesn't mean I'll get it, or that I am truly serious about bidding for it. If they offer it to me, I could also still turn it down. And the reality is that the position I truly want is not likely to open up anytime soon.

I spent some time thinking about it today after S texted me to tell me that she added my name for me. 1 reason I hesitated is that it is a 1st shift position. I'm really not fond of the idea of getting up at 2 or 3am. I'd be more inclined if it were even on a split shift. Another reason, and a biggie, is that I know that 2nd shift will seriously suffer without me. The area manager does not watch things as closely as he should, even though he doesn't need to wander the floor to do so. It's all at his finger tips with the touch of a few buttons. Even though I am not being paid as a FT team leader, I am doing the work of one while still running the required machines. I started wondering today if I have not made myself way too indispensable on 2nd shift to be considered for anything else.

Of course, I need to have a few days dedicated to be able to spend just training others to help, and to training the area manager how to do specific things that I have been doing for him (due to his lack of understanding). Because, honestly, that week I took off for vacation? 2nd shift was a nightmare that week. Training was done very poorly to the point that those who started that week I had to start over at ground zero for training purposes.

Anyhow, this is all just a "possibility", but I also know that anything I willingly bid for makes me the most likely candidate for the job. There is not a supervisor in that building who would not jump for the chance to steal me from my current position. I just have to remind myself the same thing I told to the friend who signed my name for me: irreplaceable means unpromotable. Period.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Alrighty. EM is in the kitchen today.

2 batches of candy: rum and cinnamon flavors.
    1 batch of ointment (balm without the beeswax) with peppermint oil added
    root extract caps
    lip balm
    possibly also more neuropathy butter, as that is going almost as fast as the root balm does.

And the newest test: preservative free jam. Making a virgin batch first to see how the recipe cooks, then adding canna extract if it turns out good. :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. Candies are cooling and almost ready to be cut.
    Jam is cooking down.
    Ointment is done.
    Getting ready to melt down a little of the root extract to cap next.
    Not sure if I will get to the lip balm today. Guess that depends on how much energy I have left, and I still have to get some plants into buckets today.

• Like Like x 6
  6. I really need to stop sampling the tiny left over bits while I'm wrapping candies.

Doubt I'll get anything else done tonight. :weed:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. sounds like you done gooood!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Ur my hero!! One Bad ass self contained confident Lady!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Thanks, PapaPuff. I did not used to be. I used to be the giant floor mat, collecting mud from all directions. Living 2 summers with my grandmother and away from my mother helped me start fixing that.

• Like Like x 5
  10. I've had several intriguing scenarios flittering through my dreams the last 3 weeks, in regards to scenes for Gopher Hole. This "morning", I decided I have spent long enough fleshing them out in my head, and it is time to commit them to written word.

My background music to do this job today:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Sounds like you need helper

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. One of those many reasons to prefer animals over people:

Hubby got up to leave for work this morning. Came back in after starting his engine and told me he heard a cat outside (he was looking to make sure one of ours hadn't gotten out). Both of ours are inside, so I go out with him. We found a tortoise shell kitten. Took just a little bit of food on a plate to catch her, and she curled right up to me. So, someone dumped her off last night. Daughter goes out this afternoon.... turns out some jackass dumped off an entire litter. We have managed to catch an orange tabby, and daughter almost caught the black one, but a truck went by at just the wrong time and scared it.

This is the shit that makes me hate people. Callous bastards. These kittens are just barely weaned. We are still working on catching the black kitten to bring in with his/her siblings. Hopefully, before anything bad happens to it. :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. even worse is the fact that someone knows you are a compssionate person and dumped them there knowning you'd take care of it..that is sooo wrong! you know the expression ''wish they'd do it so i could CATCH them doing it!'' YA!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Honestly, i they had just dumped a box on the doorstep, knocked/rang the bell, and took off, I would be less upset. At least then, they likely would have left them knowing that we could care for them. They actually tossed them off in the field across the street, and they happened to find their way to our house... probably smelling the other animals. They intended them to either fend for themselves, or die trying, even though they hadn't been born to a feral. THAT is what pisses me off the most.

Dopey adores having new play mates, and they have clearly been around dogs before because they have not hesitated to play with her. Brutus doesn't care as long as they leave him alone. And Nebulae didn't seem to care, either. Daughter brought Neb in during a storm yesterday, and then forgot he was inside when she left. She said he apparently stayed up in the boy's room and left the kittens alone.

Hopefully we will be able to find the black on before he/she gets too weak or injured.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. awww!

• Like Like x 3
  16. i think we'd like a kitty report..wishing you found the missing one

• Like Like x 3
  17. 20180809_000157.jpg
    Shelly and Butterscotch have settled in quite well. They are sure to learn within a few days that the wet food shows up when I get home. LOL. We have not seen any sign of the other one recently. :( Matter of fact, there were tractors running through that field yesterday, and we've had storms for the last few days. Chances of it still being near our house are slim, if it did not get run over by said tractors. If it manages to survive on its own, I'll be surprised. And likely will never know.

The little snots keep trying to get on my dining table, though. That's on the "no" zone, and it will take some time to get them trained to understand that. LOL. Yeah, right. Who am I kidding? Even if they learn what "down" means, we all know they'll jump up there when my back is turned.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. i can't afford to own a pet but i do appreciate those who can afford to do so and do it well.. this pair lucked out

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. What a wonderful day at work. And yes, you heard the sarcasm in that. One of our biggest dollar parts had every single completed piece in the building rejected for bad welds. Took 8 people (plus the forklift driver) the entire 8-hour shift to rework those parts tonight. Meanwhile, we could not keep a single other machine actually running. Just non-stop delight.

Alas, I am now home, and I have potato soup on to cook. Of course, I did not remember until AFTER I put the potatoes on the stove that we are out of milk. I am going to improvise and use cream of mushroom (or maybe cream of chicken) soup, instead. Because, darn it, I do NOT feel like going back out on the road tonight. LOL.

Ah, well. Life goes on, and this, too, shall pass.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1