Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Everclear Tincture, please help!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Roll That Up, May 9, 2016.

1. Okay so I am making an everclear tincture with the massive amount of RSO cloging up my rig I made it as far as trying to cook the alcohol out but it still smells. I cooked in a water bath at 190*F and tincture was at 160-170*F for about 35 mins. Is the tincture just going to retain the alcohol smell? Or do I have to put it back in the water bath?

2. If you're making an alcohol tincture why are you trying to evaporate all the alcohol? As long as it has alcohol in it, it will smell like the alcohol until you get it back down to near oil stage. You need the alcohol to make it a tincture and give it better bioavailability. :)

• Like Like x 4