Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Everclear Hash?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by BigDaddyD, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Posting this from Incredible Edible, don't know why I posted it there first

Hey Blades,

3 Days ago I made my first cold extraction tincture with 190 Proof Everclear and 10 grams of ground up delicious bud which was Decarbed before hand. Recently today I've been reading up on hash oil and alcohol extractions and was wondering if I can turn this concoction into hash for 4/20?

I believe I would have to strain out all the liquid from the material and allow that liquid to evaporate in a dish for 24 hours, can I let it sit in the sun? It's going to feel like summer today and the sun should provide superb energy!

Whatevers left over should be the hash oil right?

If what I'm trying to do is feasible, please let me know, I would LOVE to have some hash for friday.

Also when I strain the liquid from the bud, can I do anything with that material or is it garbage?

Thank you all for the help I'll be eagerly awaiting replies on if I can turn this early Green/Golden Dragon Everclear tincture into Hash

2. Yes this will work, but don't use the sun. Place it in a well ventilated area, or in front of a fan (in a well ventilated area). Alcohol evaporates very quickly.

These are the conflicting opinions -
    There are those that make Qwiso (Quick Wash Iso) Hash and simply pour the alcohol over the weed while it is in a strainer and collect the alcohol that comes out and let it dry. This gives you greater purity, less plant matter, almost all thc. So the theory goes.

Others soak weed for weeks or longer to make tinctures, more plant matter and other properties of plant in the mix.

Either way you may be disappointed in how much hash you get from 10 grams. Best giess would be 1+grams, but it should be killer stuff.

My only experiences have been soaking for a long time and then letting the alcohol evaporate. Results were incredible for quality, very limited quantity. And youwill lose some each time you handle it because it sticks to everything.

I am still learning. It is worth a try. Others can offer better experience. But be warned.

3. Thanks for the reply, I actually had it evaporate outside since it was nice and breezy also, and let it sit out there for about an hour and noticed that almost all the liquid was gone. I scraped up everything and now I'm sitting here with a nice gram ball of hash, and having it sit in a ventilated sunny spot just for another quick dry.

I'm glad this actually worked, now I just need to smoke it, too bad I don't have anything to put it ontop of =|

4. I like using everclear as oppesed yo iso. End result seems to taste better. I usually let it sit in the alcohol for an hour or so shaking every few minutes, strain, evaporate and smoke. Glad it worked out for ya

5. I'm sorry I didn't get to you sooner, but (as you've already found out) yes, you can certainly make hash/concentrate
    this way... we actually prefer grain/ethanol alcohol (rather than isop.) in the medical community. :)

When I make up batches of concentrate for edibles, I usually split it in half or in two parts, and make a smoke-able
    and an edible concentrate. A long soak will get you much more chlorophyll and bitter plant salts, but in the case of
    capsules in particular, this can be a 'good' thing where some patients are already paying upwards of $30 - $50 a bottle
    for supplement-grade but glorified chlorophyll and plant extracts, from plants with fewer medicinal properties than cannabis. :)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

A medium-short soak....

[​IMG]

A longer soak...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some smoking concentrate made the same way, with a much faster and cooler wash/rinse...

[​IMG]

Hope this helps you with future runs (and enjoy your hash)! :wave:

6. Me too I just smoked the SMALLEST pinpoint ball of this hash on the end of a paperclip, lit and covered with a glass cup after blowing out, let smoke fill the glass, use straw to suck out all the smoke.

That small small pinpoint just shot me up from a [0] to a solid [3] :hello:

And I agree it does have a rather nice, not so resin but not so cannabis taste to it

And thank you all for those that have helped =]