ever wonder...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by emagdnim13, Mar 16, 2006.

1. why man created money? what need was there? i realize goods came first, to trade. but money is just a horrible thing. it has created a greedy society that will step over the lives of thousands for some more green in the bank. that is fucked up! for example what happened in rwanda. the whole crises could have been averted if we had sent financial aid to them. they asked for a specific amount(i don't recall, it was a year or two ago that i researched this) and we said no. and they killed over 100,000 people in a week. if you take that specific amount and divide the number killed, you get the price it would have cost to save each person.

2. Money isn't a bad thing. It's inanimate, and makes trading easier. Human greed is the real problem.

You can't blame all of the problems in the world on economic factors either. Poverty alone can't bring a man to kill another. The true root of violence, especially in Rwanda, was ignorance and hate. That may sound like an over-simplification, but understanding and communication in between two peoples can do more than money ever can.

3. Yes Mr. Andy. Greed.

Money = Medium of exchange

Regardless if money exists or not, the motivation to take advantage of people for that medium is always going to be present. Whether we are in a barter economy, or we move beyond paper money to a complete cashless society, the motivation to hold material wealth will be what people strive for. Call it greed, or call it a healthy outlet and byproduct of hard work, it is what it is, and society will continue to treat it as such.

4. man created money to stop the spread of communism

5. that is true - money does make communism harder - it quantifies everything. we all know what we think we're worth or owed - or deserve as individuals

6. Well the concept of money isn't bad in and of itself, but when you mix that together with corrupt politicians and the federal reserve, you get a whole different bag of shit you gotta deal with.

7. Greed is bad, but it will never go away. It's one of our most basic insticts ingrained in our DNA. Greed is also caused by ignorance. If we can educate people and show them that some things are more important that material wealth, then human greed won't be so bad.

8. Money causes too many problems i think, people robbin people that have more money then others, if you dont have a lot of money you wont have a good lifestyle, everyone does what they can to get money..

One day you'll have to be rich to live (Hydro, Cost of food, Cost of living), and if you're not rich, your dead.

9. Ok, then ask yourselves this. If we get rid of money, what are going to use for transactions and such. When someone steals from someone wealthy that is the greed in them taking over.