Ever wonder how to destroy the earth?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by steezemachinee, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Nope, never wondered. I don't know any other home.

2. you have start a new country called america and then everything just falls in place

3. my physics teacher told me if the polar ice caps melt...the earths rotation will slow down seeing that the ice is not longer at the poles. since the rotation would slow down it could have an adverse affect on the moon, causing it to lose its orbital speed and crash into the earth....but he's a cock sucker so idk if i believe him

4. the ice caps are a fairly large distribution of mass....if you distribute it evenly as opposed to collecting it at the axis, it will slow the rotation down

think about ice/roller skating. when youre spinning, pulling your arms/legs in speeds you up, and when you spread them out you slow down

5. Your physics teacher is a moron.

6. agreed.

i would say, 12 TSAR nuclear bombs located strategically around the globe would easily do it.

7. hahahah

8. first of all the phenomenon described by your physics teacher... high school teacher i assume... is indeed a concept of physics to be taken seriously as it is a potentiality. Weather or not the ice caps melt or not... thats a big debate. If such an event were to occur it would be because of the continuing existence of way too many humans, at least in my opinion.

so you want to destroy the earth? just ensure the survival of the masses of human race.
    you want to see the earth survive? ensure that only humans who know how to care for the earth survive.

the major problem with the human race is that we think in an anthropocentric mind and fail to take earth into regard. look to the Kogi, and other indigenous peoples to see how humans are meant to live with the earth, and universe in a biocosmic mindset.
    After all the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics tell us all energy in the universe is constant and all transfers or transformations of energy add to the entropy of the universe... the universe is obviously connected to you and i at the individual level

9. yeah challenging your imagination on how to do it xD

10. indeed. the earth's spin is decreasing at a rate of 0.0016 seconds per 100 years due to the tidal buldges transferring momentum to the moon; as a result causing the moon to get further away from the earth by 3cm per year on average. This means if there was more water in the tides there would be even more momentum transferred to the moon and it would actually get further away as earth spins slower and slower.

http://www.astronomynotes.com/gravappl/s10.htm

11. A better question might be, what happens when the Earth decides to destroy us?

That's a much more likely scenario, if you think about it.

Mother Nature is a terrorist!!!!:D

Mankind is the first species on Earth to try to wipe itself out first, before she gets the chance to.

I'm betting on Earth to kill us, before we kill Earth.:cool:

Look what she did to the dinosaurs!

12. Agree with this 100 percent. The Earth took a huge shit on the Dinosaurs!

I do believe the world could end when Neil Patrick Harris sleeps with Oprah and dosent call her back, Oprah then starts her world domination plan alot sooner and NPH convinces the earth to kill everyone but him with an asteroid. This happens and then NPH nails the earth and then bails out the galaxy before Mother Earth wakes up. Leaving Mother Earth one note.

Dear Mother Earth, The time we spent together, however long it was, meant the world to me. I would love to see you again but unfortunately I cannot. You see, I am a ghost. I can only materialize once every decade, on the anniversary of my death. I chose to spend my one day among the living with you, sweet Earth. Perhaps we will meet again, in another decade--provided you keep your figure. Until then, all my love from the beyond, NPH.