Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ever take a big breath..

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by aaronxlv, Jun 22, 2008.

1. After you take a hit?
    Idk my friend got me into it, but whenever we are smoking and not taking fatty ass rips, just like maybe hitting a pipe or something that your not using your whole lung capacity, well after we rip.. We take a deep breath (then exhale the smoke ) < duhhh :]

All of my friends friends do it too because they believe that the THC goes deeper into your lungs.

Fact or fallacy?? :D

2. Thats usually how i explain to new smokers how to inhale. But yeah i do it too, i think it just gets all of the smoke down into your lungs instead of sitting in the bottom of your throat. Who knows tho i dont think you could tell a difference in how high you got.

3. I do that. Take a nice big rip and inhale it in as deep as i can. Then hold 5-7 seconds and release. It gets me fuuucked up.

4. How I've always smoked, I can get pretty ripped by just takin a few long slow hits

5. dude, its called inhailing if you just let the smoke sit in your mouth its not going in your lungs. You should do it every time you smoke, not just sometimes. Especially after a bong toke

6. I take major breaths before, during, and after my hit. I do it before just to make sure I have a lot of oxygen because I usually milk the bong for 10 seconds or so before I clear it so it's going to be kind of a ride. Right after I clear it I keep breathing until I can't, then exhale, take a huge deep breath and exhale to clear the rest of the lingering smoke. I'm glad I haven't passed out yet.

7. I think he meant when he initially inhales he takes it into his lungs, but takes an aditional breathe to push it down in there further. But yea I do that sometimes, that is also how to teach new people how to enhale as bloodraven said

8. Hah I'm surprised you haven't passed out either! I'd probably fall right over from the oxygen overload

9. Yeah taking in air after taking in smoke is called inhaling.

This is seasoned tokers?

10. yea man...that's how you smoke haha

11. There should be an 'Absolute Beginners' smoking section.

12. Rest assured GC... I'm no noob. :]

I never just let smoke sit in my mouth, but I mean after you quit hitting take a DEEP breath in with the rest of your lung capacity, not just take in the smoke thats in your mouth. I mean a big ass breath.

13. Like until you can't inhale anymore at all?

14. ehhhh you'd prob look really retarded if after every hit you took you took a really deep breath lol.

Nah, just enough to the point that you feel your lungs get a bit tight.

Idk, I'd go experiment a bit..
    BUT I'm on my t break right now (ends in 5 days) ughhh
    & I have 150 dollars just sitting in my room waiting to be spent on some bomb ass bud.. :(

15. yeah. i used to not do that either.
    Then realized why i wasn't getting high off 3 bowls.
    Now i get high off like 3 or 4 hits. not real high, but, high enough.
    inhaling oxygen right after a hit is pretty much necessary.
    XD.

16. That's how I teach people how to inhale. I'm sick of newbies wasting the bud by just letting it sit in their mouth.

EDIT: Worded something wrong.

17. That's the only way to do it. Just sharply inhale after your hit, then exhale. Your lungs pretty much absorb THC instantaneously, any longer than that and you are just letting the smoke condense in your lungs and have all the particles settle down in them. Have you ever seen the brown shit in your dirty bongs? That was caused by smoke condensing. Don't let your lungs become like that.

18. i dont take big breaths but i breath in after i take a hit so all the smoke goes into my lungs
    and hold it for a sec or 2

19. isn't that the point of the choke/rushhole ?

20. The carb? Carb tapping is just a vital a skill as inhaling after a hit..