Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ever since I started smoking

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Rootsphere_Farms, Jul 15, 2013.

1. 1 month ago(ive smoked every day for 1 month) I notice that my water consumption has gone to basically zero. I am never thirsty anymore and I never notice myself drinking liquids especially when im high all I do is eat and sleep. I will ask myself sometimes at the end of days what did i drink today and i find myself answering usually with only 1 cup of water.. I also find myself eating entire meals when I wasnt even hungry before I smoked and sleep like no other even though I already slept for 8 hours the night before. I have just turned into the definition of a fat lazy person because I have lost my urge to even do any physical activities at all. Maybe smoking isnt for me? How can I combat munchies and the extreme tiredness I get(as potent as anasethia) I am just a fat piece right now lol and dont want to stop!

2. You cant combat munchies or tiredness. It's part of the game. Personally, I am amazed that you don't get thirsty or cottonmouth.

3. You just have to tell yourself that you need to exercise or do something to get or stay in shape. Just have to motivavte yourself. It is not good that you are like that. Smoke some sativa and go do something active.

4. Drink coffee to combat tiredness. Can't do anything about the munchies.

5. VAPOURIZE. Vaping is much better for you and it doesn't make you tired when your high wears off! Also I think youll be able to control munchies better if you vape! If you want I can name you some good vaping brands depending on your price range.

6. I get cottonmouth bad but I am never thirsty the only time I will take a drink is when I am caughing so hard from a hit I just never get thirsty

7. My friend just picked one up ill try it out!

8. I couldn't get high as much if I always had to listen to my munchies because I would be fucking obese. When I get the munchies I just jump right to the next idea and don't think about it. Actually I have even skipped a couple of meals that way, because I didn't realize that I was hungry.

9. I've actually vaped countless times and can say you will get tired after you smoke a vape. Just like any other high. You're explaining mostly all the symptoms of smoking weed (except for not being thirsty, I get cotton mouth like a bitch). I suggest that if you're not liking how you're turning out to dim down the bud consumption to every few days instead of every day, gives you time to exercise and what not. If you do want to smoke every day, however, I would suggest taking two days off and on the second, exercise, then smoke some pot. Keep some healthy foods around and buy a 24 case of water and just keep a bottle on you always. You'll drink it. As for the tiredness, there's really not much you can do but try to fight it. Its tough, but if you're that desperate to stay awake just fight it. Coffee, energy drinks, etc. will all cause a crash so id stay away from those because they also are very fatty. If you can't find any of the motivation to follow this, I would reccomend taking a T Break for awhile. Hope I helped!

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Giving up is a sign of lack of motivation and will-power, there is still hope to combat. What's composed in your diet, is it unprocessed unhealthy crap? Do you exercise? Do you smoke Indica all day? 

I'm asking these questions because there are factors that contribution to this behavior. Start incorporating Omega 3 in your diet, including foods that will boost your Serotonin and Dopamine levels, also not forgetting releasing your endorphin's. 

This is how you boost your serotonin levels:

10. Avoid the fast track to happiness.
    Carbohydrates give you an instant lift because they trigger the release of serotonin. Indeed, I've seen several articles lately actually recommend eating a sugary treat to boost your mood and sleep better. Bad advice (see Dr. Weil's take). Carbs are a quick fix, but they do nothing to stimulate ongoing production of serotonin, which is what you want.
    9. Don't avoid carbs entirely.
    Proteins contain tryptophan, a large amino that converts to serotonin in the brain. (I'll be discussing tryptophan supplements in the future.) Yet relying solely on protein can hamper serotonin production. Though scientists aren't sure why this is, it makes sense that subsisting entirely on one macro-nutrient might cause problems for brain chemistry.
    Tryptophan works best when consumed in conjunction with a small bit of carbohydrate, such as a scoop of brown rice, a handful of nuts, or a few tablespoons of legumes. These complex carbohydrates are essential to helping your brain properly process the tryptophan in protein. Vegetables are also great – and my preference.
    8. Eat protein.
    Turkey, fish, chicken, cottage cheese, nuts, cheese, eggs, and beans all contain generous levels of tryptophan.
    [​IMG]
    7. Eat fat.
    Hormonal processes require essential fatty acids, so don't shirk your “good fats”. Get plenty of DHA-enhanced eggs and dairy in your diet, and eat fish a few times a week. Good sources are wild salmon, mackerel, and tuna. You vegheads can also nosh on avocados, nuts, flaxseed, vegetable oils (walnut, avocado, almond, flax, olive) and seeds.
    6. Take a fish oil supplement!
    Though fish oil won't produce serotonin, essential fatty acids play a vital role in brain health and mood regulation. I recommend Vital Omegas, of course, but there are plenty of good ones on the market. As with most things, you do get what you pay for, so buy the best you can afford.
    5. Exercise to feel good.
    Exercise is a natural stimulator of many important “mood” hormones, including serotonin and dopamine. Don't think of exercise as a chore to lose weight or prevent heart disease “someday”. Realize that 15 or 20 minutes of exercise every day will naturally release these feel-good hormones that are so vital to feeling happy and calm. As junior apple Mike A. says, exercise is about feeling good, not just looking good.
    4. Avoid the stimulant cycle.
    Caffeine, sugar, alcohol. Caffeine, sugar, alcohol. Many of us get trapped in the stimulant cycle. These substances temporarily give you a lift, but actually deplete and blunt valuable hormones in the long run. If you like caffeine, try to limit your java intake to one or two cups a day at the most. The same for alcohol. I recommend avoiding sugar completely.
    3. Sleep right.
    When we're feeling down, it's tempting to sleep, sleep and sleep some more. But quality sleep is far more important than quantity. Force yourself to get up early, but allow for a rejuvenating nap midday if you need it (just don't exceed one hour). The same goes for stressed-out workaholics getting by on 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night. Find a way to get an extra hour (hey, that sounds like another Tuesday 10 to me!).
    2. Investigate supplements wisely.
    HTP is a popular supplement, but I personally prefer rhodiola, which actually slows the process of serotonin breakdown (it also has better scientific backing).
    1. Boost other hormones!
    Oxytocin is another feel good hormone often called the “cuddle hormone”. Oxytocin is released when we feel love, trust and comfort. It can be even more powerful than serotonin. If you need a lift, remember the power of simply spending time with your significant other or family members and friends.
    and How to boost your Dopamine levels:
    \tHow to Increase Dopamine Levels Through Foods and ActivityBut, how can you boost dopamine levels naturally? Since dopamine is synthesized from tyrosine, you can simply consume foods rich in tyrosine to boost dopamine production. Certain foods help balance dopamine levels, including:
    • Fish â€“ Evidence suggest Omega 3 fats may be linked to dopamine production
    • Eggs - Contains tyrosine
    • Spirulina â€“ Contains tyrosine
    • Red beets â€“ Contain betaine, acting as an antidepressant, and tyrosine
    • Apples â€“ Contain quercetin, to prevent neurodegeneration and boost dopamine
    • Kale â€“ Rich in folate, to trigger dopamine production
    • Oregano Oil â€“ Has promising effects on mood swings and cravings by increasing dopamine levels
    • Bananas â€“ Including the amino acid tyrosine, which boosts dopamine
    • Strawberries and blueberries â€“ Include tyrosine, like bananas
    • Green tea â€“ Contains polyphenols, good for brain and heart function, as well as dopamine production
    • Herbs like ginkgo biloba, nettles, dandelion, and ginseng
    Another solution for how to increase dopamine levels and flood your brain with this feel-good chemical is exercise. When you exercise, the cells in your brain (and the rest of your body) start firing, becoming more energized. You also produce more serotonin and dopamine-both crucial in mood elevation. Some credit these chemicals with what's known as the “runner's high”, common in endurance athletes. But we do know they make you feel good, and a sense of wellbeing and happiness can increase your physical health in turn.
    Alternatively, you could also take supplements to boost dopamine, although foods and exercise may be the two best and most beneficial options. Some of the supplements options to increase dopamine levels are:
    • Ginkgo Biloba â€“ Ginkgo can increase dopamine while enhancing oxygen flow and blood flow to the brain – promoting healthy transmission of nerve impulses.
    • Phenylalnine â€“ This essential amino acid can convert in the body to tyrosine, which is sued to synthesize dopamine.
    • Tyrosine â€“ What people often want in food to boost dopamine, tyrosine can also be taken as a supplement. Tyrosine is converted from phenylalnine.
    What you put in your body and how you use your body determines how you feel. While a medical doctor would be quick to prescribe an anti-depressant if he felt you had a depression chemical imbalance (which some experts say doesn't exist) like dopamine deficiency, that prescription would likely be completely unnecessary. Instead, through a healthy, whole foods diet and regular exercise, you can boost your mood and attain overall wellness.

You don't need to eat every single unless you're trying to gain weight and convert to muscle, start cardio such as jogging, walking, meditate, etc. Overall, this will pull you out of the slums. 

11. Wow that's not good. I've always been a big water drinker. For some reason when I'm high I will accumulate 5-6 water bottles each with a small sip left in them by my bedside.. Idk why

12. For sure I will probably just smoke occasionally I only get these symptoms when I smoke at my house with a few family members because im really not in a social environment but when i am with friends its a much more enjoyable experience

13. I would definietly try to be a social smoker and only do it occassionaly. You'll stop being as lazy, probably cut back on the weight. It's always good to try man.

14. 1-3 pounds of extra fat is a lot for me in a month it's best I should stop doing it at my house mainly, especially when I am only with family members

15. The strains are all sativa, close to 100%. When I do smoke indica for some reason the effects are backwards Indica doesnt make me hungry or tired, gives me a good high, Sativa makes me very hungry and very tired and usually comes in 3 phases while Indica is one big high

16. Indica is what get you the munchies because of CBD, that's where the medicinal properties lie. What strain is this? Almost every strain in the U.S. is a hybrid with very few that aren't. 

17. chocolope which is 95% blue dream 60/40 and sour diesel which is 70/30 i have mainly been smoking Chocolope and Vortex which i dont know the sativa %

18. Interesting. My appetite has actually DECREASED! not sure why. Food tastes killerbut i dont need much to feel full. Actually lost weight for the first time in 8 months lol. only a couple lbs and im very happy abotu it, but i didnt expect that.

19. I have found that drinking 2 glasses of water before smoking combats munchies pretty well. You gotta keep the body hydrated man, you'll feel better and have more energy.

20. Tell me how it goes! Also if your vaping try and vape sativas! It gave me much better results and left me even less tired than vaping indicas.