Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ever Seen Bud Like This Before? Pics.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Dylanzs, Aug 17, 2014.

1. #1 Dylanzs, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    So I just picked up this stuff and it has holes in the calyxs, and my first thought was oh no seeds, but I have found zero seed in the entire half ounce, of what I have already smoked of if, Iv been smoking for 3 years since around 16 and Iv seen this stuff a few times through out those years and can never find anything on what could be the cause, it still gets me high and in the vape it blows me away, but when I smoke it, it just seems to be lacking something in the high, do any of ya'll know what this problem could be? Pics below, sorry for crap quality it's the best I could do, wish I took photos of the bigger buds ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408279064.861234.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408279082.593394.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408279098.732508.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408279118.717286.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408279130.332116.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408279142.828396.jpg

Sent from Ohsues of the DRS mob, member of the WTF, dirty rotten scoundrels, we thrash freights.

Attached Files:

2. I think what you're seeing is just the calyxes are swollen..looks like there's a seed in there but there's really not.

To me it's an indicator of harvest time when I see swollen calyxes..of course you have to check the trichomes but the calyxes swelling are a way to tell when the plant is finishing up flowering.

3. Maybe hermaphrodite weed, male/female.

4. you are asking different high in smoke VS vape, duh... Vaping ftw :ey:

5. Huh that is kinda odd. I wouldent mind if i got a couple seeds of that!

6. Strange looking for sure but my only guess would be maybe an early harvest as far as something missing in the high?

7. Partially hermed buds is a possibility, (intrasex) ...

Pics are so dark it is hard to tell though.

This also happens if the plant is flowered for too long, and the plant wants to produce seeds, as it's instinctive to do so in nature.
    Light leaks in the bloom room will also cause the same.

Just random guesses.

8. What am I looking at other than weed? I am confused

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. smoke more, you won't doubt anything when you do

10. Hard to tell for sure cause the photos aren't super clear, but I think what you are actually seeing is that whom ever trimmed the buds just clipped off the tips of the calyx's with their scissors. Nothing at all wrong with the bud, just someone getting a little too close on that trim job ;)

11. Nope, I have never seen dirty fingers like that before

12. Your weed looks good. I don't see a problem.