Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ever mistaken for a dealer?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by royaleWcheese, Aug 16, 2012.

1. #1 royaleWcheese, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
    (Sorry if there's already a thread about this topic, I'm new here.)

Last night at about 8:30pm, a friend of mine and I were hanging out on a stoop kind of near my neighborhood in Manhattan. We're there for maybe 20 minutes. Yes, we smoked, but not in public, and we did have very small amounts of weed on us. We're there just sipping sodas when out of nowhere, about 10-15 cops in street clothes surround us, searching us and putting us in handcuffs.

I mean, holy shit. The city's police commissioner started ordering cops to refrain from arresting people who only had small amounts of (concealed) pot. Apparently, they thought we were dealers or something, because they asked us if we had any coke or pills and asked extensive questions about my friend's backpack (he keeps his weed in a tupperware container, 90% of which is filled with garbage and ashes). After they realized we just had a little bit on us, they started calming us down and told us not freak out. But we were put in handcuffs, taken in an unmarked car and put in a cell for about a half hour before we were released with tickets.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? It was evident that the cops organized an entire undercover operation just to catch us. They were also pretty offensive at the beginning, which I hoped would maybe help my cause later on but now I'm not so sure.

EDIT:

Not exactly crucial to my point, but while we were chilling, my friend pointed out an Indian or Middle Eastern guy in a turban, saying that he thought he walked by a couple times before. After we were caught, I definitely saw the turban guy walk by twice, in the same direction.

I will forever be paranoid of having weed on me in New York, and I've lived here my entire life. Let that be a warning to anyone who wants to visit and buy/smoke.

2. I was never mistaken for a dealer, but I was pulled over once and a cop saw my bong sticking out from under a towel in the back seat. He asked me if I had any weed and if I answered honestly he'd "give me a break," otherwise he would search my car. So I truthfully told him that I had a gram in my glove box. He had me hand it to him, went back to his car and two more squad cars showed up, surrounded the fuck out of my car and then I was asked to step out of the car so they could search it. I felt so violated and lied to, they seized my bong, my weed and gave me a $100 citation. Of course there was nothing else in my car. My disposition to police will never be the same, now I just think they're bullies out to get you. The bong was $200, so that's a $300 lesson learned never to trust cops. I should have said it was a tobacco water pipe and defended my rights.

3. [quote name='"mrpanda69"']I was never mistaken for a dealer, but I was pulled over once and a cop saw my bong sticking out from under a towel in the back seat. He asked me if I had any weed and if I answered honestly he'd "give me a break," otherwise he would search my car. So I truthfully told him that I had a gram in my glove box. He had me hand it to him, went back to his car and two more squad cars showed up, surrounded the fuck out of my car and then I was asked to step out of the car so they could search it. I felt so violated and lied to, they seized my bong, my weed and gave me a $100 citation. Of course there was nothing else in my car. My disposition to police will never be the same, now I just think they're bullies out to get you. The bong was $200, so that's a $300 lesson learned never to trust cops. I should have said it was a tobacco water pipe and defended my rights.[/quote]

I got stopped for tints, the cop saw a grinder i had under the radio and asked me if i had weed i told him no and he searched the car. Arrested me for the grinder and gave me a summons and ticket for driving while in possession of a cds!! I hate cops he had no reason to stop me its legal to have rear tints in nj.

4. One of the local cops a long time ago pulled up to me and my friend ( we were walking) and they guy said we were running a crack house and that he's watching us and gonna bust us.

I looked at him and said since you aren't actually pulling us over for anything wrong and he never turned on the red n blues we were leaving. Grabbed my friend and pulled him along.

My dad was a cop til I was 18 I know what that fool did was wrong so I went to the chief the next day.

5. Yeah, I was at a concert giving out light shows with my favorite rave gloves and a girl came up to me and asked if I had any unmentionables.

Never happened with a cop, thank god.

6. they're out to get you man. Can't be too confident in this world anymore.

7. East coast is sketchy brah.

8. [quote name='"mrpanda69"']

they're out to get you man. Can't be too confident in this world anymore.[/quote]

Yea i know im already bored of being stopped but its mostly around my job. Cops have nothing to do around were i work. But if its the town i live in a real cop is not gonna stop me for tints.