Ever hear of Glass bowl starts black then changes color

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by RemyWeedSeed, Jan 21, 2017.

1. I found this bowl in my couch. Somebody must of lost it lol. Anyway the bowl was completely black and then changed colors. I have never seen this before and want to find a new one. Anybody know where or who makes them or what type of glass this is called. Thanks. 1485009979712-755308422.jpg 1485010038992-1797906853.jpg 1485010133104-2101272476.jpg

2. Well... it could be a shit ton of built up resin, maybe some shlacked off and showed the pipes actual color.

Give it a good cleaning and you'll see it's true colors.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ISO and salt. And pray to the great ganja god for the stoner that lost his piece in your couch.

• Like Like x 2
  4. They have color changing glass I know nothing about it though and the one time I did buy a pipe with it broke before I could see the effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. That sucks. It's not a matter of cleaning it either. It started black then turned red and blue with gold string looking shit in front.

6. Dude you defiantly need to clean that thing. It even stained your comforter with red / black resin on the last picture. So you'all need to clean that now too since you failed to listen after the first couple comments

How do you even know what the bowl looks like new? You think you do, but from your post you never bought it new, we clearly can see it's black from the resin. The least amount of color they work on in glassblowing is...take a guess...BLACK

One more thing? Why do you want to buy a new one? You just found this in your couch! Finding shit for free is the best. Clean it and make it yours. Steps:

Most use isopropanol & kosher salt( larger the salt crystalline the better)

I use Randy's black label, sold in stores.

Roors makes a cleaner that is similar to Randy's.

1. It's gonna take an hour to clean so prep for an hour.

2. Either fill a bowl up with hot water and drop the pipe in, or hold the pipe under hot water for 10 minutes. You can take a toopick and scrap if you want. Not necessary.

3. Fill the pipe with your cleaner of choice and shake crazy for a minute, rinse. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all clean.

4. Rinse it out completely for a few minutes to get any alcohol taste or smell out of the glass. I use a organic soap called smaller soap to clean my glass for the final time, then I do a warm and cold water wash. Very effective.

7. You know how to wash your comforter right?

8. I've cleaned numerous glass pieces. I know what it looks like new because when I found it there was no resin like it was only smoked out of once. I will clean it tho just to prove that it starts off black. Here's a pic of it now before I clean it. I think that's blood on my sheet or what you think is a comforter from when I cut my leg open. But good try mr. Pic investigator

9. 20170130_174941.jpg 20170130_174920.jpg

Attached Files:

10. I would like to buy a new one because I really like this glass and want another. Same reason people have more than one of anything. Any help appreciated.