Ever have a bucket overflow?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by sabre61fan, Jan 2, 2010.

1. I am going to be building a basic RDWC system within the next week or so. Has anyone ever had the roots clog up the drain line for a bucket and cause it to overflow? I am concerned about this. I am going to be using the ebb n flow fittings with the screens but still am worried.

I am thinking about running a 1/4" overflow line from a barb, 2" below the filling line barb, to the 3/4" main drain line. Is this a worthy investment or a wast of $$?

thanx,
    sabre

2. Also I have clone starting in a cloning machine. Can I just put the rooted clone into the hydro-tons or do I still put them into rock wool? I am worried about damaging the roots when putting them into rock wool.

thanx,
    sabre

3. I use the buble bucket and I circlate the system with a 3/4 inline pump from habor frieght I had to set in down to 1/2 cause that rest of my system is 1/2 but Ive never had trouble with roots clonging the system. Did have trouble with the hydron pellets falling in the system and cloging it.
    But i took my clones right out of the cloner and right into the pellets with no trouble.
    Good luck!:smoking:
    Oh yeah I have had plants overflow 2 just dont let it happen to offten and you'll be fine.