Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ever had this happen?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Flyin, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Whenever I am laying down and stand up too fast i get dizzy, but it only last for a few seconds. Most people i know have that happen too. Well a few nights ago i had been laying down hitting a few bowls and when i stood up i got that dizzy feeling but also my vision went completely black for about 10 seconds and i had to struggle to stay standing up. It felt pretty cool, but a little scary too. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen after smoking.

2. Yea, it's called being lightheaded. Its from not having enough oxygen in your bloodstream/body, whatever. More smoking = less oxygen. Stand up more often, or take deep breaths.

3. I've had that while smoking. I've had it while drinking too. Like, if I were to have a couple drinks while sitting I wouldn't feel too drunk until I stood up. Same idea with smoking bud.

4. yup, happens more often now than it used to. Just two nights ago that happened. I was way high (firecracker, several waterfall hits, plus two bowls) and I completely lost my vision ...except everything just becamse little dots of green, blue, and red...which would make sense, I guess. But yea, it felt like the weight of an ocean was crushing me and I fell right over. ....it was pretty great

5. i often get dizzy spells when i get up too quickly after lying or sitting down for a long time, its just a loss of oxygen circulation to your head. The vision thing, i'm pretty sure thats just blacking out, basically fainting for a very small amount of time, it happens randomly and im not really suprised if it would happen after you've been smoking some draw.

i once got out of bed in the morning, completely naked, blacked out, ran into a wall, and woke up a few seconds later crouched down leaning on the wall.:hello:

6. It's called orthostatic hypotension. Look it up.

7. That happens to me everytime I stand up from sitting/laying down even when I'm not high.

8. I do it all the time. Black the fuck out, collapse on the ground, and then ultimately forget where the hell you are.

9. does anybody ever say things that dont make sense, and then realize what they said a few moments later.
    that always acts as a "i am baked" alert. :smoking:

10. If you're 100% certain that you actually said it then you're still not quite baked, but gettin toasty.

11. interesting opnion, the degrees of bakedness always fascinate me.:cool:

12. I get dizzy when I drink and smoke too much and try to lay down

13. When you lay down. Your heart lowers the pressure to your head. When you stand up, especially in a rapid motion. Your heart has to try and immediatly compensate, by increasing the pressure. So, your head and eyes temporarily starve for oxygen. Which is why you might get blurry vision, even totally blacked out vision for especially low pressure. Not necessarily about the smoking itself. It's not uncommon for young adults, but shouldn't frequently happen for too long.

14. I'll tell ya where I get dizzy stoned. The laundromat. All those industrial size dryers churning around in the swirling colors of however many thousand garments gets me every time. I usually say something stupid about it.

And that's the difference. When you feel embarrassed muttering nonsense in front of strangers you're a little stoned. When you're paranoid about whether you even spoke at all, let alone not knowing what it was that you may or may not have said... That's when you realize you left all your quarters in the car.

15. Yeah, we were rippin the bong a couple weeks ago. My friend ripped it and went strait up, started stumblin and shit. Personally I've never been that dizzy.