Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ever Had Ice Break A Bong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hippie4u, Nov 20, 2011.

1. #1 hippie4u, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
    I have a splash guard/ice pinch half way down my bong and almost broke it. Well it sounded like it. I forgot to lean it sideways and let the ice slide in. Scared the hell out of me. Has anyone had a dome perk/downstem broke from a litle piece falling through the pinches and hitting it. Or other stories.

2. #2 MrWeeds, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
    I decided to rinse out my bong. Used tap water at its hottest. Then w/o a section 2nd thought. Grabbed the Brita filter from the fridge. The base blew out in a spectacular fashion, and hit my big toe, saving it from shattering.
    My fiance just shook her head, packed our steamroller, and called me a" damn high-on"
    *edit*
    Puff Puff Pass

3. lol thermal shock

4. no, I used to fear it and lay it sideways like you before putting in ice...but now I just shove um down there at top speed...sometimes the ice even is too thick so I have to push untill enough pressure builds, blasting the ice into the glass at full force.....it wont break though.....so chill and dont worry bout it brosaphina!

5. [quote name='"SwichOne"']no, I used to fear it and lay it sideways like you before putting in ice...but now I just shove um down there at top speed...sometimes the ice even is too thick so I have to push untill enough pressure builds, blasting the ice into the glass at full force.....it wont break though.....so chill and dont worry bout it brosaphina![/quote]

I beg to differ.
    I shattered the mouth guard after forcing one to many ice cubes down the pipe.
    Unfortunately 8 different glass pieces lost their "lives" because of my stupidity.
    Never overestimate the quality of your piece.
    Always treat it with respect.

6. 8..Im sorry but thats...china glass

7. hmm....was it cheap glass???

im packin 5mm walls on my glass...u?

8. 3.5-4mm here. Its Glass.

9. that's thinner, I just drop them in, those pinches are designed to take the force of a ice cube lol..I guess if you have china then be careful

10. had a mini china zong and was forcing ice down the top. Punched a nice hole in the side of the tube from jamming it down.