Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ever got less high off of higher quality bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Smacked 8D, Aug 11, 2013.

1. For the past few months i've only been able to get mids however they where pretty good for mids and they got the job done nicely. Now that im able to get better stuff I don't see myself getting as high. I can confidently say that I was getting higher off of the mid grade stuff. While the new stuff tastes better, smells better, and is smoother. I am just not getting the same high I know and love. Maybe it's just the strain or maybe I am just sub consiously smoking less because I know it's costing me more. Any ideas?

2. #2 CrispyBacon, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
    It probably look's dank and isn't as strong. I've had weed that didn't look strong, but smoked very heavy. Look's is not all that matters. 

3. Thats not something u do subconsiously, u either smoke less or dont. If u are then thats y if not .. youre probably smoking less

4. Maybe your getting indicas and the mids were sativa

5. I have no doubt that there are types of weed which are very marketable in terms of looks, taste, smell, etc., but not very good for getting high.

6. My friend that I bought it off actually texted me and asked me if the stuff got me high or not. Seems like he had the same experience. It was a nice smoke but not worth the high.

7. For sure, I've smoked some huge indoor nugs that looked way better than little outdoor nugs I had, but guess which got me higher?

8. #8 Joey Robusto, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
    [quote name="Iceman2damax" post="18498610" timestamp="1376256276"]For sure, I've smoked some huge indoor nugs that looked way better than little outdoor nugs I had, but guess which got me higher?[/quote]Huge indoor nugs that looked amazing meaning lots of trichs, hairs, not too wet or dry, sticky, and a strong smell? If your weed didn't have all those its not dank if it did have all those and didn't hit you how you like to be hit maybe the strain isn't as potent. And honestly I feel that day about bud and most of the time its the levels. Like some strains have amazing buzzes, some don't. Some get you stupid when you smoke a lot and others just give you that classic high you're use to.

9. if it gets you less high, its not higher quality, you were just fooled by its looks. 

10. Maybe it was jus another strain of mid that was branded as "dank". Some dealers do mess ppl around like that

11. Yeah looks aren't everything. The plants genetics play a huge roll in how high it gets you! I mean maybe your not very responsive to a sativa but an indica fucks you up or vice versa. It happens...
    And of course how a plant is grown is important. Your gonna get some better smoke from an outdoor plant grown organically then you would an indoor plant with chemical nutes and CFL lighting. Keep in mind that indoor does not always mean it is better, same with hydro; just different ways of growing that are not always better. They are just marketed as being better is all...

12. Yea I had some really nice looking bud once, smelled and tasted good, but the high was really lacking. My buddy's pressed mids got me higher it was ridiculous.