ever gone crazy from sleep deprivation?

Discussion in 'General' started by tokin jax, Aug 14, 2012.

1. reason im asking is because here recently i have been unable to sleep no more than 2 consecutive hours at a time, and lately its been getting too much. about a week ago, i started not being able to sleep more than 3 hours a night, and in the past 4 days ive sleept about 6 hours, and here i am now on a 40hr no sleepathon. i started hallucinating last night seeing shadows dancing and whatnot. i know i have bad anxiety, but still ive been way more stressed out before and not suffered this much. i feel like i am physically and mentally decomposing. i feel like if i could just get 5 solid hours of sleep i would feel awesome. ive tried everything from some goooood anxiety meds and lots of weed, to drinking for 12 hours straight and still not be able to sleep for a few hours if any. if any blades have some advice it would be greatly appreciated, before i go koo koo:hello::hello:

2. I suggest exercise and stay away from all caffeine and maybe get a book to read so u can read in bed til u feel tired enough. And when u lay down maybe say a quick prayer to help u sleep, don't think too much just try closing ur eyes and drift away. Good luck!

3. This is easy: go to the damn doctor.

4. Go to the doctor and get sleep meds. And if you don't want to do that, you could always take some melatonin, which is the chemical that makes you sleepy.

5. Ewww. dont go get meds. Bleh.

just watch your caffeine consumption...

Dont watch monitors (i.e TV, Phone, Computer) and hour before bed cause the flashing lights in shit fuck your brain for sleep.

Smoke some fatty bowls and take a few shots and just let yourself drift off instead of trying to force sleep. :smoke:

6. Don't touch meds, they fucked my sleep schedule up even worse.

Make sure your bedroom is nice and comfortable, tidy too. Put on some chill music, and black out all the light. Blackout curtains really are a godsend if you can't sleep, they literally make it so you can't see a thing and really help you shut off.

Didn't sleep at all for like 3 and a half, four days once (not out of choice) and that shit sucks. I started having little hallucinations and everything, fucking freaked me out.

7. Yeah, going to the doctor for sleep medication is sooo much worse than drinking every night before bed... :rolleyes:

8. Im not sayin every night lol

Just until he gets his sleep schedule back on track.

Sleep meds fuck up everything natural about sleeping, from how long you sleep to how your brain functions while its sleeping, it even fucks with your dreams n shit not to mention theyre all addictive and dangerous when mixed with basic OTC medicines :eek:

Fuck sleep meds.

9. sleep deprivation in part led to a suicide attempt. made my depression and anxiety 100 times worse, my stress skyrocketed, made it impossible for me to function properly. try to get help from a doctor
    if you don't want to take sleeping pills, you can buy a supplement called melatonin. it's a chemical naturally produced by your brain in response to darkness that helps you sleep. when you use it close your curtains/blinds completely and try to make your room as dark as possible. it never worked for me and i had to turn to prescriptions but i know people who it has worked for so it's worth a try.
    avoid caffeine as much as possible because it will fuck with your sleeping, even if you have it way earlier in the day. stay away from stimulants as well if you can
    just a warning, if you do decide on sleeping pills, there's a chance that they'll make you tired the day after you take them. but it's up to you if that's worth it, for me it was for a certain period of time in my life.
    good luck, i know it sucks not being able to sleep

10. [quote name='"Fuck You Also"']

Im not sayin every night lol

Just until he gets his sleep schedule back on track.

Sleep meds fuck up everything natural about sleeping, from how long you sleep to how your brain functions while its sleeping, it even fucks with your dreams n shit not to mention theyre all addictive and dangerous when mixed with basic OTC medicines :eek:

Fuck sleep meds.[/quote]

So does cannabis and alcohol. Whats your point?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sleep meds are horrendous, they'd just make me pass out, wake up feeling like shit and feel groggy the whole next day. Much rather take some natural remedies or some shit.

12. Ive made my point your question is redundant.

Not worth my time.

Ya'll no my feelings now on this situation lol

13. Melatonin and some herbal sleep tea will always put me to sleep when i cant do it on my own.

14. [quote name='"Fuck You Also"']

Ive made my point your question is redundant.

Not worth my time.

Ya'll no my feelings now on this situation lol[/quote]

Your point isnt clear. You recommended smoking weed and drinking alcohol to go to sleep while not taking into consideration that they do not allow a proper nights sleep either.

15. Marleys mellow mood!

16. Choose your crutch i guess is what im saying.

Do you wanted to be addicted to shitty sleeping pills you have NO IDEA whats in em.

Or to take a shot and a toke before bed.

Choose the monkey to ride your back..

17. You joined the same month as me!

WOOOHOOO! FUCK YAH FOR JULY

18. Smoke 3 ounces. If you can't sleep after that then..... well. Fuck me

19. [quote name='"qwertyasdf"']

You joined the same month as me!

WOOOHOOO! FUCK YAH FOR JULY[/quote]

Fucking july is the shit. Fuck every other month. July bros fo lyfe.

20. [quote name='"Fuck You Also"']

Choose your crutch i guess is what im saying.

Do you wanted to be addicted to shitty sleeping pills you have NO IDEA whats in em.

Or to take a shot and a toke before bed.

Choose the monkey to ride your back..[/quote]

I feel you man. In the end anything helping you sleep is a crutch so choose wisely. I live with an alcoholic who drinks litres of wine a night to sleep and its not always pretty.