ever felt like you belong in another decade?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by chronichouse93, May 16, 2013.

1. #1 chronichouse93, May 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
    whats up blades? i just finished smoking a fat bowl right now and it got me to thinking, have you ever compared yourself to your age group and to a previous one and then feel like you dont belong in your age group? it comes and goes alot but today i actually sat down and thought of it and, i always catch myself listening to music of other decades, and im not saying our decade is bad or anything, but take a second to compare the pop culture of today compared to the one in the early 2000's, during the early 2000's i was in elementary and who remembers listening to trapt, or later albums of linkin park like meteora, i miss that music.  now lets go further how many of you guys remember the 90's dance parties? even though i was only a kid during the 90's i remember my aunts and uncles (who were teenagers during that time talk about the the dance parties that they went to) or for us kids i feel like we had more fun as kids during our days, than kids do now. and now as  a 20 year old i wish i could go back into the 90's (obviously as an adult and do all of the stuff that i always wanted to do but couldn't because i was a kid) only for a day and compare pop culture then to now, as well as school, and everything else. sometimes i wish i coulda lived my teenage hood through these decades as opposed to this one

2. with my music taste i feel like i should've grown up in the 60's but i grew up in 90's and that was a great decade in itself (90's music and cartoons are highlights for me)..i could stay here and complain about whats wrong with this decade but its where we are at and gonna have to make the most of it

3. I enjoyed growing up in the 90's but at the same time, I feel I was born either wayyy too early or wayyy too late to experience anything really mind blowing. I would have loved to explore a completely unknown earth. Sail the oceans in a ship never knowing what could happen making incredible discoveries. Yet I was born in a time when all of that knowledge was completely known and normalized to me. I wish I could explore the universe and all of its unknowns, yet I was born in a time where technology just won't be ready in my lifetime. We all get to live in the middle of very amazing and spectacular times, that we have or will completely miss out on, only to exist and survive until our technology is enough to perpetuate the human race to further greatness.

4. I feel like some other decades might have been fun to grow up in. But this is where I belong,  I know this because I'm here now! The 60's and 70's could have been neat to experience though. Hopefully we will be able to create some more memorable decades for the future of humanity to remember and live in envy of. Second best thing to living in the time you feel you belong in, is to help make where you are a better place to be.

5. I dunno about that man, technology is progressing at an exponential rate, who knows where we will be in a few decades time if we use our time and resources wisely. I bet people born in the 1920's didn't think humanity would go to the moon in their lifetime.

6. As much as the 50's and 60's resonate with me in terms of music and culture, I'm gay and know I couldn't handle the amount of prejudice that existed back then. I very much appreciate where I am right now.

7. I got a bunch of friends that all live in there own decade, really cool some live in the 1920's like the great Gatsby, others are trekers that like live in james t kirk time and knock people called cling on's, depending what I'm smoking I just hang anywhere at the end of the 20th century is just fine

8. Anyone who knows anything about my taste in music knows I belong in either the late 70's or 80's fuck this decade

9. Motown my niggas

10. #10 shaddytheman, May 16, 2013
    I wish I lived in a unconventional community but different time decade? First, you have to look a theoretical view. What was the difference back then and now? How has the advancement of technology saved the lived of humans and what would happen if the inventions that are invented were still unheard off? How is the new age of music lacking the elements that were persistent in music in lower decades? There were negative events in those exact time periods that have contributed to a sinister way of living or have brainwashed people into making them into conformity groups such as propaganda being directly feed onto you such as "Just Say No" advertisement in the 1980's, and other yellow journalism scare tactics that they're trying to impose on citizens. 

So exactly tell me, how will the quality of life be different as to now? I'm just playing devil's advocate that's all. 

11. #11 kayakush, May 16, 2013
    the sixities.....

12. all the time. I wish I lived in the 70s. thats my shit thats my shit

13. If I'd have been born in the thirties, I totally would have become a king of the road; riding railcars and venturing out a la Kerouac.

The 70s would have been wicked to experience, and I would have gotten along great had I been older through the 90s, but I'm enjoying the here and now. What I've got ain't half bad.

14. I've been told a few times I should of been in the 70s... I like the present though mainly cuz of video games, can't pass up GTA 5 brah

15. I always thought it would be pretty cool to grow up in the 70s/ or 80s. Would have been cool to see all these bands I'm into grow and evolve. Not to mention how simple life seems back then compared to all this high-tech technology we have around these days. 

16. The future, if only.

17. wouldnt it be awesome to be able to experience those decades, without time traveling? (even though time travel doesnt exist) only if...

18. The 60s and 70s were fun, but I am busy CREATING the decade I belong in! :smoke:  

Granny  :wave:

19. I would have loved to live in the 60's and 70's.  I'm gonna start a psychedelic revolution soon and it will be the 60's all over again, who's in?

20. i love your posts man! very nice way of seeing it, its easy to be blindly nostalgic, i can be so too sometimes :)